A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives. Position Summary:
Using good aseptic lab practices, is responsible to support testing of disposable cards through set up of Vitek cards and physical inspections of lots. This position performs environment testing as well, and ensures proper documentation according to cGMP's and current procedures. Performs all duties using safety conscious practices. Main Accountabilities:
Studies, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Tests products as scheduled in an efficient and timely manner per procedures and specifications.
- Setup and perform physical inspection per procedure of products per schedule.
- Label cages to note status of product.
- Manage Reserve Samples; and test Environmental Monitoring samples.
- Support QC and other projects as requested by management.
- Requires a 4-year degree in biology or related field.
- Requires strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Experience in a microbiology lab is preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate flexibility in responding to unexpected demands. Must also be able to work in team environment, building effective working relationships.
- Excellent personal hygiene and appropriate PPE is required in production and laboratory areas.
- Must be able to push wheeled cages that can weigh up to 600 lbs.
- May operate in an environment with cool temperatures, low humidity, constant noise, or with occasional environmental odors.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 16235