A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
We are looking for a Product Manager to carry out marketing activities for the bioMérieux Molecular product range (BioFire, ARGENE, etc), including reagents, instruments, software and services. This is a combination of product and strategic marketing management. Geographic perimeter :
This is a UAE based position with frequent travel (50-60%) in the Middle East, Russia, Turkey, and Caucasus countries. What will your responsibilities be within bioMérieux?
Who are you? Studies and Experience:
- Ensure Marketing support for the METER Cluster and contribute to the achievement of the sales budget of the Molecular Product range (BioFire, ARGENE, Nuclisens etc.) through strategic Marketing management as well as operational Product Marketing activities (forecast, back order management, launch files).
- Develop Marketing Plans and prepare Sales Budget for the relative product and defend it to the Marketing Director. Control costs, revenues and profitability for the relative products
- Use your time in the field to prepare arguments and to test the market before a product launch.
- Support the other functions within the organisation, in order to back up the offer designed by Marketing; check that the plan and organisation of these functions are adequate to deliver the designed offer. (sales forecasts, logistic, sales administration etc.).
- Understand how the communication to the market is performed. Define new communication objectives and develop the regional brand communication plan in line with corporate strategies. Organize meetings with experts and participate to congresses/road shows, perform demonstrations, product trainings.
- Interact with the commercial team, export distributors, subsidiaries, Global Marketing and participate at Sales meetings, Corporate meetings, local and international congresses.
- Launch of new products/instrument/services following the launch template. Take ownership of these launches and when ready transfer the knowledge to the sales force.
- Regular joint visits with commercial teams as well as independent proactive activities according to the needs of the business
- Develop a network with Key Opinion Leaders and Key Vision Leaders and act as an Ambassador for bioMérieux with internal and external customers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Higher scientific education: Bachelor's Degree in Molecular Biology, MSc in Molecular Biology and/or MBA
- Minimum 5 years' experience with an understanding of mainstream clinical molecular diagnostics and microbiology techniques.
- Proven background of Scientific Marketing and Sales with solid knowledge of the competition.
- Knowledge of our customers (public/private laboratories) & local reimbursement mechanisms, operating within a highly regulated CE/IVD compliant diagnostic marketplace
- Solid knowledge of product management & knowledge of digital marketing tools
- Deep understanding of molecular microbiology/ virology workflow
- Strong communication skills and ability to discus with KOL and KVL as peers
- Planning and organizational skills to organize local meetings, symposiums or forums
- Able to work in an international, matrix environment
- Emotionally intelligent and a team player
- Analytical thinking with the ability to carry out local study evaluation protocols
- Customer focused & result oriented
- Proactive in your work with a high level of autonomy
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 15957