A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 44 countries and serves more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l'Étoile, near Lyon, in France.
Joining bioMérieux is choosing to be a part of an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a human-centered corporate culture.
Our Company offers numerous opportunities for professional development. You want to help save lives across the globe? Join the 13,000 employees of bioMérieux!
We are looking for the Africa Marketing Director who will implement and design the marketing strategy for the clinical products in order to maximize the business results in Africa Region within the framework of bioMérieux guidelines and strategy, through managing the marketing team. She/He will report and inform the Africa Region Vice President about needs and opportunities on the local market. What will be your mission?
- To define the marketing strategy of the products being carried and to be developed.
- To acquire market data and identify the position of bioMérieux in the IVD market for exploring the potential to grow. Also to provide concrete data on the market trend.
- To build and implement the marketing plan; to ensure that the margin and profitability of his range and installed base; and to keep track of the performance of the clinical range.
- To prepare the annual sales budget, expense budget and the 3-year plan for the clinical range.
- To communicate with the Corporate Strategic Development and Marketing team to make sure that the Company marketing strategies are implemented properly at local level.
- To establish new distribution channels with the branch offices in order to increase the penetration of products.
- To manage the marketing team and facilitate their work through regular training and field guidance.
- To initiate technical and marketing training to the sales team of Africa and distributors;
- To set up strong communication program for new products and to build network with key opinion leaders;
- To report regularly on the new events in the market such as new government policies, market needs, competitors' activities, etc to the deputy general manager and regional Marketing Director.
- To work closely with the other departments in order to facilitate the product registration, clinical trial, product evaluation and product update.
*. Other tasks as defined in related company procedure, or assigned by the direct supervisor
Noted: Required authority will be provided to implement responsibility listed above Who are you?
- Knowledge and skills:
- 10 years of experience in marketing and sales
- Biology/biochemistry and marketing background
- Talents and qualities:
- Good ability for communication, team work and organization
- Good knowledge of the market and the opinion leaders
- Good ability to coach and to work with the subordinate
- Fluent in French and English
Working at bioMérieux means being involved long term with a pioneering, visionary and constantly growing company that allows its employees to live a stimulating and inspiring experience in a fulfilling work environment
Our internal mobility policy offers numerous opportunities for each of our 13 000 employees to blossom throughout their career, while respecting each employee's individual talents as well as their personal and professional development.
At bioMérieux, over 200 professions - both scientific and non-scientific - offer our employees the opportunity to broaden their fields of expertise and develop cross-functional careers. We provide a rewarding experience in an international company that brings together talents from diverse backgrounds, thus fostering a daily aspiration to go beyond the limits.
Helping improve public health around in the world : our mission gives purpose to every profession practiced within the company.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 16016