A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
The Lab IT Specialist will provide lab IT technical support, training, troubleshooting, and project management to internal and external customers for the diagnostic test systems marketed by bioMèrieux. Items under the Lab IT umbrella include but are not limited to: LIS interfaces, networking, middleware solutions, data management software, integration engine projects, remote device management. Main Accountabilities:
Studies/Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Assist with bioMerieux middleware implementation projects and tasks to meet deadlines in support of organizational objectives.
- Ensure connection of the bioMerieux middleware solution to customer Laboratory Information Systems by coordinating resources internally and externally.
- Answer internal and external customer inquiries per established guideline and document in CRM system; consult as appropriate with Lab IT Specialist, Application Specialist, System Engineer, Field IT Specialist, Management, Global Customer Support.
- Demonstrate problem solving and troubleshooting skills for remote/phone support as well as on-site Lab IT support.
- Assist with launch/implementation of new systems by learning new products, providing input to development of documentation and troubleshooting procedures for all systems.
- Manage Lab IT projects and tasks efficiently in support of corporate objectives.
- Obtain CRM certification; execute investigation process and apply as needed.
- Provide consistent follow up to ensure customer satisfaction and meet minimum key performance indicators.
- Perform on-call duties as needed to provide 24-hour technical support to customers.
- Contribute to revenue generation initiatives through promotion of value-added projects and services.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Laboratory Technology, a related technical field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 - 3 years previous experience as a Lab/Medical Technologist or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years previous experience in support of LIS interfaces, servers, software applications, hardware, middleware and computers.
- Minimum 2 - 3 years previous end-user and/or support experience with systems marketed by bioMerieux.
- Experienced in resolving customer problems and providing a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to work independently, effectively multitask to meet deadlines and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Project management software tools.
- Proficient in Windows OS, MS Office programs.
- Exhibit good interpersonal and diplomacy skills, excellent verbal and written capabilities through previous experiences such as teaching, sales, or management.
- Exhibit good decision-making ability, including problem resolution.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 16114 Nearest Major Market:
Durham Nearest Secondary Market: