At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Mechanical Engineer!
This engineer works within a project team – generally under the leadership of a more experienced individual (e.g. senior/principal engineer, systems engineer, and/or project manager). This engineer uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities which are generally considered within the realm of mechanical engineering and process development. This engineer is expected to work and communicate well with other team members and leadership as assigned in order to meet the goals of the project, the department, and the company.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- General: uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities which are generally considered within the realm of mechanical engineering, plastics engineering, and mold process development.
- Description: Uses engineering concepts, company SOPs/WIDs, department SOPs/WIDs to solve a variety of difficult engineering problems across functional groups and disciplines.
- Works on: problems of moderate scope and complexity. Generally, works on a team with other engineers.
- Influence: receives some oversight from a Senior or Principal Engineer, eligible to be a discipline lead on a project, may provide mentoring for other engineers, and may provide limited department management and leadership.
- Compliance: Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics Quality System.
- Makes design and technical decisions subject to review by Senior, Principal, and other engineers.
- Travel: some travel required, up to 20%.
- Team: usually works on a team with several engineers and a project manager.
- Tasks: generally responsible for mold process development and validation.
Training and Education:
- S. in Engineering or Equivalent
- 5 to 10 years of experience in related field, including performance consistent with said experience.
Experience with the following is preferred:
- Medical device design and testing
- Design for high volume production
- Design for Injection Molding
- Familiar with injection mold automation
- Six Sigma Green Belt and Lean principles
- Statistical analysis, to include DOE, Gage R&R, SPC, etc.
- Root Cause Analysis
- Heat transfer
- Molding processes
- Materials (e.g. plastics, aluminum, copper, steel, etc.)
- Effective written communication and technical report writing.
- RJG Master Molder 1 or equivalent, preferred.
- Able to safely lift 50 pounds.