A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives. Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
Is the internal point of reference for technical expertise and provides technical support and/or improvements to existing products/processes and/or helps transfer new products to manufacturing. Main Accountabilities:
Studies and Experience:
- Responsible to provide technical expertise to projects related to scaling-up and/or automating production processes in order to increase capacity or reduce production costs. Helps to monitor validation of processes to ensure they meet regulatory requirements,
- Owns, updates and shares technical expertise within or across domains/sites
- Investigates failures on existing and/or new products and/or processes (including QC processes). Recommends and monitors the implementation of preventive actions and process improvements resulting from these failure investigations,
- Creates and presents reports on conducted experiments, failure investigations and validations. Creates and revises the necessary documentation to implement into production. Documentation must be compliant to company and Regulatory guidelines,
- Participates in Project Meetings to present reports and the status of the work packages he/she is responsible for.
- Uses knowledge of techniques and methods to include Project Management, Risk Analysis (e.g. FMEA), Problem Solving Methods (e.g. Lean 6 Sigma).
- Helps Design and Implement processes that efficiently improve product or operations
- Assists in eliminating wastefulness in production processes and ensure systems make the best integrated use of employees, machines, materials, information, and energy.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS in Industrial Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of and experience with Risk Analysis, Problem Solving, current Good Manufacturing Practices compliance, site product lines and manufacturing processes (including QC), statistical methods.
- Knowledge of and experience in microbiology, environmental monitoring, clean rooms, sterilization (irradiation, heat, etc.) methodology, manufacturing environment, controls and automation.
- Well-developed analytical skills; ability to see the big picture as well as the individual parts.
- Team player mindset - highly collaborative, and skilled in building cross functional relationships.
- Self-Driven - takes initiative and drives execution to achieve desired outcomes.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 16232