At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Program Manager I!
Program Manager I (PMI) works with cross-functional teams to meet deliverables for the program. PMI works closely with internal or external teams, which may include project managers, project teams and suppliers. PMI assists senior Program Management with program proposal preparation, planning, scheduling, budgeting, cost analysis, requirements definition, internal communications, contract negotiations, change orders, implementation, project performance analysis, and more.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate and manage internal and external team meetings.
- Ensure that internal / external customer needs are identified and included in project / program specifications.
- Ensure relevant project documentation is created, reviewed, and updated throughout the project.
- Develop and execute integrated cross-functional plans for projects within the program.
- Identify issues impacting product or project specifications, costs, or timeline; facilitate resolution and recommend appropriate action.
- Facilitate regular reports on programs, and projects within the program, to all stakeholders.
- Review all Design Change Notices relevant to the project / program, and ensure appropriate change documentation.
- Responsible for a complete DHF, with traceability, at project close.
- Manage multiple programs with managerial support and lead small-to-medium projects independently.
- Ensure consistent practices throughout all phases of the project life cycle and across projects in the program (i.e., monitors projects from cradle to grave).
- Build and maintain high-level timelines.
- Monitor profitability and value of the project by reviewing financial indicators of projects within a program.
- Participate in risk management activities; internal and external audits; and continuous improvement efforts of Program Management procedures.
- Assist in onboarding new team members.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders.
- Facilitate technical teams’ communication to Executive Teams.
- Ensure that programs follow Design Control procedures within guidelines of BFDx’s Quality System and FDA’s GMP / Design Control guidance.
Training and Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Relevant advanced, technical degree, MBA, and / or PMP certification from the Project Management Institute is a plus. Given the nature of the programs this role will be responsible for, candidates with advanced training (i.e. PhD) in a life science will be strongly preferred.
Experience: At least four years of experience in project management, preferably managing projects spanning instrumentation and / or chemistry products. Experience in the biomedical industry is a plus. General knowledge of the program’s technical field, molecular biology, medical devices, and / or FDA and other regulatory environments is a plus.
- Self-motivated, and able to manage time effectively.
- Can effectively work as part of a team, and supports the team with a helpful attitude.
- Clear and transparent verbal and written communication.
- Critical listening skills, and an ability to recognize important and high-level information.
- Ability to stay positive and calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to adjust to changes in scheduling, and general flexibility in the work environment.
- Organization and extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to complete work quickly and efficiently.
- Critical and innovative thinker.
- Good at facilitating conflict resolution.