A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 44 countries and serves more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l'Étoile, near Lyon, in France.
Joining bioMérieux is choosing to be a part of an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a human-centered corporate culture.
Our Company offers numerous opportunities for professional development. You want to help save lives across the globe? Join the 13,000 employees of bioMérieux!
We are looking for a Chief of Staff who will report to the Vice President (VP) of Africa Clinical Operations. That role aims at supporting the VP in coordinating Clinical Operations Areas & Functions within Clinical Operations, implementing organizational and strategic projects as well as supporting the management of the Africa Clinical Operations Leadership team meetings and events. The focus of this position is quality & timely execution of decisions made by the Africa Clinical Operations Leadership team. This position requires forward thinking innovative strategy in support of key business priorities, as well as partnering closely with Africa Clinical Operations Leadership Team and key stakeholders within the rest of the organization. What will be your mission?
- Prepare for VP local Business reviews (area/cluster/country business reviews)
- Coordinate with the relevant stakeholders for agenda preparation
- Prepare the meeting minutes
- Develop the action goals, measure progress and provide updates to stakeholders
- Support preparation for Africa Clinical Operations Leadership team meetings and events
- Act as a facilitator for smooth coordination within the Africa Leadership Team of Clinical Operations
- Prepare agenda, formalize minutes and follow up the execution of decisions made and action plans established by the Africa Clinical Operations Leadership Team
- Monitor & support key transformation projects rollout with countries/functions when projects enter into effective operational stage
- Establish effective execution tracking / reporting processes suitable for reporting at various management levels
- Identify and manage effectively ongoing issues and potential risks
- Operate at a tactical, strategic and operational level, handling the oversight of projects that do not neatly fit within the organizational chart or that fall between departments or leadership areas of responsibility
- Track high priority initiatives at large and identify any obstacles, communicate initiative status, pulling in other stakeholders as necessary to ensure the quality and timey deliverables
- Act as the Point of Contact between Corporate Communication (internal and external), company Change management community and the Africa Clinical Operations
- Enable delivery of change through target setting, planning, tracking and reporting utilizing good practice knowledge of change management techniques
- Engage and manager stakeholders; ensure effective communications plans in place and managed on an on-going basis
- Develop presentations and communications contents to the organization through liaising with the relevant stakeholders
- Provide "sounding board" active listening and knowledge of the organization & strategic priorities to problem solve a broad range of areas that impact progress
Who are you?
- Provide decision support through data gathering, information analyzing, and presenting considerations to the COO and the Leadership Team of Clinical Operations
- Additional responsibilities as periodically assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- Knowledge and experience in health care preferred
- Good knowledge of the business, finance and analytic
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills with project management experience, multi-task capability and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and matrix environment
- Passionate about work with the can do and must do better attitude, highly motivated and results driven, ability to demonstrate problem solving and decision making skills
- Customer centric mindset and problem-solving abilities and comfort in providing open, honest feedback
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships both internally and externally
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn and build skills
- Business travel required
Working at bioMérieux means being involved long term with a pioneering, visionary and constantly growing company that allows its employees to live a stimulating and inspiring experience in a fulfilling work environment
Our internal mobility policy offers numerous opportunities for each of our 13 000 employees to blossom throughout their career, while respecting each employee's individual talents as well as their personal and professional development.
At bioMérieux, over 200 professions - both scientific and non-scientific - offer our employees the opportunity to broaden their fields of expertise and develop cross-functional careers. We provide a rewarding experience in an international company that brings together talents from diverse backgrounds, thus fostering a daily aspiration to go beyond the limits.
Helping improve public health around in the world : our mission gives purpose to every profession practiced within the company.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
Job ID: 16245