IT Operations is a collaborative support environment where all relevant staff members are required to assist with the day to day IT support for internal customers. As a member of the IT Operations team you will be responsible for identifying, researching and resolving technical problems requested by end users via telephone calls, email or personal requests. All members of the IT Operations team must have exceptional customer service skills, the ability to exhibit patience with end users, and the ability to tailor support techniques based on end users skill sets.A Help Desk Technician is expected to have good technical knowledge, be able to communicate effectively with customers and other members of the IT Operations group, and explain IT solutions to the end user.
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Help Desk Technician III!
Preferred but not Required Training and Education:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security, and systems groups.
- Installs and configures requested software on end users’ computer.
- Setup new employees with network account, email account, telephone and appropriate computing needs.
- Train end users on system use.
- Maintain list of company computer inventory.
- Monitor and respond to relevant frontline support issues via the corporate ticketing system and assign all other issues to relevant IT Operations staff or BioFire Diagnostic employees.
- Primary function is to use existing customer service and technical skills to complete tasks.
- Associate's degree in computer science, information systems, or related field
- CompTIA A+ or equivalent Microsoft certification
- CompTIA Network+, Security+, or Microsoft MTA certification
- 3 (+) years working as a Help Desk/Service Desk Technician in a Windows based corporate environment.
- Customer service skills
- Must be able to interact with end users in a highly professional manner
- Excellent communication and team-oriented skills
- Must be able to prioritize, respond and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Basic information systems skills:
- Help desk/ ticketing system
- Windows and web based computers, operating systems and applications
- User account creation/ modification/ deletions
- User computer imaging and application installation
- VoIP desktop phone setup and installation
- Antivirus management
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.