At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Federal Income Tax Manager!
Manage federal income tax compliance and financial reporting for the US consolidated group and its US affiliates. Areas of responsibility include US federal income tax compliance, US international tax compliance, quarterly financial reporting, tax planning, audit support, and process improvement leveraging tax technology.
This position will manage a Tax Analyst and a SALT Tax Manager as the team grows. This individual is expected to work in a cross-functional manner with the broader finance, R&D, treasury, and supply chain teams (at a minimum) as business partners. Additionally, this individual will liaise with and/or manage 3rd party providers and auditors.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation / review of federal tax returns and documentation:
- Prepare / review federal tax returns and supporting computations, including US international tax (FDII, BEAT, GILTI, FTC). Leverage ONESOURCE Income Tax.
- Manage R&D credit study in conjunction with external consultants.
- Liaise with external consultants on review of federal tax returns, preparation of fixed asset support, and other consulting projects.
- Prepare / review and file quarterly estimated / annual extension tax payments.
- Prepare / review support and responses to federal notices.
- Prepare / review quarterly US tax provision:
- Manage annual EAETR computation and quarterly refresh.
- Prepare / review provision workbooks, supporting workpapers, rate reconciliation, and journal entries leveraging ONESOURCE Tax Provision and ONESOURCE Workpapers.
- Coordinate with SALT team for all related state and local tax reporting and support.
- Liaise with external auditors to support semi-annual audit and internal controls review.
- Support requests from global consolidation team.
- Prepare account journal entries and reconciliations of all income tax balance sheet accounts.
- Review and communicate to management federal statutory changes and planning opportunities:
- Review updates to federal tax law and determine applicability to US consolidated group.
- Evaluate current filing positions and potential method changes for tax planning opportunities and mitigation of overall risk profile.
- Prepare modeling and analysis in support of recommendations to management.
- Coordination of federal income tax audits:
- Review and support information requests; prepare written responses.
- Prepare amended filings as required.
- Maintain audit workpaper files.
- Process improvement leveraging tax technology:
- Coordinate with team to identify areas requiring process improvement / automation.
- Develop / build new and maintain / enhance existing Alteryx workflows.
- Identify needs for additional tax technology software; build supporting business case.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with US and global finance team on broader initiatives.
- Perform all work in compliance with company quality procedures and standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Position will manage / mentor 1-2 members of US tax team.
- US consolidated group is an inbound organization (French) reporting per IFRS principles.
- Federal tax compliance is prepared in-house and reviewed by 3rd
- < 10% travel required (domestic and international).
Training and Education
- BA or BS degree required.
- Masters of Accounting / Taxation preferred, but not required.
- CPA preferred, but not required.
Minimum of 4+ years of public accounting or corporate tax experience in US multinational federal income tax compliance and financial reporting. US international tax (FDII, BEAT, GILTI, FTC) experience preferred; IFRS experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The following skills are required:
- Knowledge of US multinational federal income tax compliance and financial reporting, including income tax accounting methods and supporting regulations.
- Ability to lead and manage a team and collaborate cross-functionally.
- Ability to manage / liaise with external consultants and auditors.
- Knowledge of general ledger and journal entries.
- Intermediate / advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
- Tax research, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Project management and organizational skills.
- Focus on continuous improvement, including process improvement.
The following software experience is preferred, but not required (listed in order of importance):
- ONESOURCE Tax Provision & ONESOURCE Workpapers
- ETL software (Alteryx)
- ONESOURCE Income Tax
- ERP software (SAP)
- Checkpoint Tax Research Software
May be required to lift boxes weighing up to 50 lbs.