At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as an Associate Director of Purchasing!
The Associate Director of Purchasing is responsible for managing all sourcing activities for specific assigned products in accordance with the prescribed purchasing regulations and procedures. Develop processes and procedures to support reagent purchasing objectives. Evaluate new suppliers, manage current supplier base, while monitoring supplier risk, lead contract negotiations and serve as the liaison between supplier and organization. Assist in the Quality Management System (QMS) audits/site supplier visits to ensure relationship between both companies will meet our capacity requirements, cost expectations, and quality standards. Direct and manage department personnel, support department budget creation and set departmental goals/direction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System. Adhere to Regulatory requirements, including FDA, ISO, Legal, Ethical and company specific procedures.
- Communicate information pertaining to reagent products to the Purchasing and Supply Chain teams to ensure they have adequate information to source products appropriately in accordance with prescribed purchasing regulations and procedures.
- Source, negotiate terms/contracts and stocking plans for a variety of raw materials, equipment, chemicals, and injected molded services following company purchasing regulations and procedures to eliminate risk, cost and supply constraints.
- Serve as key communication point between materials, cross-functional departments, and Purchasing regarding technical concerns, costing, quality and improvements to enhance the supply chain initiatives.
- Contribute to Team effort by participating on departmental or interdepartmental teams and engaging in that exchange to improve purchasing functions.
- Generate project/situational forecast plans as necessary to evaluate/support current manufacturing production plan and supplier capacity ensuring alignment to future growth.
- Monitor and measure supplier performance per Purchasing Cost Improvement Plans to ensure company is receiving fair market pricing by utilizing appropriate trends and reporting tools.
- Build supplier relationships through frequent and effective communication of business, quality, and cost by interacting with current suppliers, consistently seeking opportunities to improve those partnerships to ensure a long-term positive relationship and continue to seek out supplier talent for future opportunities.
- Serve as a key supplier/materials facilitator for new products to support reagents to ensure adequate and reliable sourcing activities with Engineering.
- Work with Legal to create and negotiate supplier contracts to ensure the organization is receiving competitive pricing, capacity requirements, and eliminating risk.
- Effectively resolve disputes, hold crucial conversations and recommend solutions to identify the root cause and correct problems as needed.
- Mentor and develop Associate Purchasing Agents, Purchasing Agents and Senior Purchasing Agents, preparing them for additional responsibilities through goal setting (when applicable).
- Review departmental Standard Operating Procedure and Work Instruction documents for relevancy and accuracy.
- Lead Suppliers’ Quarter Business Reviews and assist Procurement in collecting and preparing for each review.
- Motive and train suppliers to participate in the company’s Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR) initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of eight years’ direct Purchasing experience in a corporate environment, particularly in contract negotiations, sourcing, supply chain, manufacturing, or comparable role with transferrable skills.
- Knowledge of the medical industry or biotech is desired.
- NAPM, APICS/ISM certification is a plus.
- Excellent reading, writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Word, Excel and the Internet.