At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Salesforce.com Business Analyst!
Business Analysts are responsible to provide critical support to BioFire’s business teams.
Analysts will apply a comprehensive understanding of complex Salesforce CRM and/or other enterprise systems architecture and integration dependencies to identify, design, implement, test, maintain and provide training for business systems solutions in an effort to support complex business processes.
- <Identify> / <Design>: Analyst will translate user needs into functional system requirements, and are responsible to assess potential impact to the local and/or global community of application users.
- <Implement> / <Test>: Analyst communicates user requirements to development team and performs verification testing to ensure end to end business processes are working as expected and as efficiently as possible.
- <Maintain> / <Train>: Analyst is responsible to monitor business systems and resolve incidents as they occur to safeguard the integrity and efficacy of business processes. Analyst is responsible to train key business users on process execution and exception handling.
Project: Analyst may work on several related projects simultaneously. Projects may be local or global in nature. Analyst will interact with business teams, technical teams, and/or project stakeholders to provide insight to relevant business systems (Salesforce CRM) and business process (es). Analyst is expected to contribute to project team in a productive and positive manner. Effective time management, analytical thinking, organization and communication skills are important in role.
Run: Analyst will work within established governance and operating model policies to provide effective Salesforce CRM support to the end business users.
Business Analyst roles within the Information Systems team require education and/or experience specific to Salesforce CRM.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Understand BioFire’s technical and scientific mission
- Translate business requirements into functional system requirements (URS and FRS documentation) and participate in workshops to design, implement, test, and provide training of target Salesforce CRM solution(s)
- Participate in business systems validation process as required
- Maintain Salesforce CRM through effective monitoring and incident resolution processes (Run Operating Model)
- Provide excellent customer service and adhere to internal and external service and operational level agreements (SLA, OLA)
- Prepare comprehensive technical documentation as needed (e.g. technical specifications, V&V forms, etc.)
- Participate in change control governance and configuration management processes
- Participate in data quality and process improvement initiatives
- Perform project tasks as required
- Participate in cross functional teams to ensure proper integration of business process and procedure requirements
- Support user adoption efforts related to Salesforce CRM as well as related new applications or solutions, change management processes, and support model
- Participate in collaboration efforts with local and global IS and business teams
- Participate in all applicable phases of project and Salesforce CRM software life cycle
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills
- Participate in selection of global enterprise systems/applications.
- Participate in implementation or upgrade of solution to ensure quality, cost, and timeline.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Domestic and international travel may be required (must maintain valid passport).
Training and Education
- College degree in Computer Science, IS, IT or related business field and/or equivalent experience required.
- Salesforce certifications strongly preferred (i.e. Certified Salesforce Administrator, etc.)
- Minimum 1-year relevant experience in administering and working with Salesforce CRM.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Technical understanding of ERP (SAP), CRM (Salesforce.com), and/or other enterprise systems architecture, configuration, and administration preferred
- Functional understanding of business process and policy for respective domain
- Understanding of software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and document complex business process
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated critical and analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to department and company objectives in a productive and positive manner
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and flow chart software