A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 44 countries and serves more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l’Étoile, near Lyon, in France.
Joining bioMérieux is choosing to be a part of an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanist corporate culture.
Our Company offers numerous opportunities for professional development. You want to help save lives across the globe? Join the 12,000 employees of bioMérieux!
Business Developer and Application Specialist – Molecular Solutions
Territory : All of Switzerland
What will your responsibilities be within bioMérieux?
The primary purpose and overall objective of the position is to achieve the growth target, act as business developer for bioMérieux molecular solutions through product technical aspect & medical value.
Business Developer (80-90%) main duties include:
- Be recognized as the expert for molecular extraction and detection solution, focused on targeted customers.
- Analyze strategic decision making in the hospital, private laboratories and understand customer needs.
- Completion of CRM to capture competitors assets, customer contacts and reporting of all sales events.
- Identify and convince decision makers, Key Opinion Leader and influencers, propose technical and clinical solutions. Financial proposal is prepared in collaboration with Account Managers.
- Collect insights from healthcare providers regarding the clinical and diagnostic management of Infectious Diseases and use this information to prepare the way for a more appropriate and wider usage of the products.
- Create a network and full understanding of molecular solutions within each territory, increase consumption of the installed base and explore for new potential
- Collaborate closely with account managers to have the best synergy with other bioMérieux products, leading to efficient team work.
- Participate in pre-tender works and provide tenders support.
- Organize interface between decision makers and key player in the company and participate to national and regional congresses if required.
Application Specialist (20-10%) main duties include:
- Coordinate and provide technical ongoing support to bioMérieux systems and reagents : pre-installation, technical installation, configurations, training on customer site.
- Answer internal and external customer inquiries according to established standards and ensure documentation in ERP system , consulting as appropriate with Application Specialists Network, System Engineers, Management, Global Customer Support and Customer Complaint Management Center.
- Provide consistent follow up of the Installed Base to ensure customer satisfaction and meet minimum key performance indicators.
- Comply with quality, legal and ethical standards as well as company policies, being the interface between customers, Quality & Regulatory Affairs Managers and Authorities concerning vigilance processes (FSCA, FCA…) ensuring the follow up and documentation of these processes.
Who are you?
- Scientific background (Bachelor/Master or PhD in biology / infectious disease) – with a specialization in Molecular, possibly combined with business degree.
- Cutting-edge scientific understanding and technical expertise in molecular diagnostics is mandatory.
- Fluent in local languages : French and Swiss German. English is a plus.
- Product knowledge and ability to develop scientific communication/promotional initiatives.
- Analytical and decision making skills
- Excellent business and strategic planning and execution capabilities with drive for results.
- Ability to develop and foster peer-to-peer, credible relationships with health-care professionals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Solid communication and presentation skills
Working at bioMérieux means being involved long term with a pioneering, visionary and constantly growing company that allows its employees to live a stimulating and inspiring experience in a fulfilling work environment
Our internal mobility policy offers numerous opportunities for each of our 12 000 employees to blossom throughout their career, while respecting each employee’s individual talents as well as their personal and professional development.
At bioMérieux, over 200 professions - both scientific and non-scientific - offer our employees the opportunity to broaden their fields of expertise and develop cross-functional careers. We provide a rewarding experience in an international company that brings together talents from diverse backgrounds, thus fostering a daily aspiration to go beyond the limits.
Helping improve public health around in the world : our mission gives purpose to every profession practiced within the company.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.