A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. bioMérieux’s global headquarters is located in Marcy L’Étoile, France, and we have more than 11,200 team members in 43 countries. With our distributor network, we serve more than 160 countries. bioMérieux, Inc., our Americas division, has more than 4,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries. bioMérieux, Inc. sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health. Our passionate team members recognize the power of diagnostics and rally behind our mission to help save lives.
The Product Marketing Manager plays a lead role in the development of marketing objectives, strategies, and tactics and holds primary responsibility for tactical execution in support of marketing objectives.
- Marketing tactics and programs
- Sales and Marketing training
- Tradeshows and promotional events
- Scientific and clinical advisory board meetings
Develops with minimal supervision:
- Brand objectives, strategies, and tactics
- Messaging strategy
- Sales tools
- Sales Programs
- Product collateral
- Pricing Strategy
Monitors and generates actionable insights into:
- Market trends
- Sales performance and trends in assigned business area
- Pricing effectiveness
- Customer behaviors, beliefs, and attitudes
- Market opportunities
- Effectiveness of marketing strategies and tactics
- Market research and business intelligence needs
- Clinical data gaps
Interfaces works closely with and/or Manages:
- Sales force & field employees
- Internal R&D, Manufacturing, Legal, Quality personnel
- Advertising agency
- 3rd party vendors
- Company executive management
Typical Studies-Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in biological sciences or business-related field; MBA preferred
- At least 3 years of successful product management experience preferably with diagnostic or medical products, or other relevant experience
Skills and Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of marketing regulated clinical diagnostics in the field of infectious disease
- Knowledge of molecular biology, microbiology, immunology, or virology clinical laboratory techniques is highly desired, but not a requirement
- Performs work under supervision
- Handles basic issues and problems, and refers some complex issues to higher-level staff
- Interacts and presents technical information to audience with various levels of scientific experience
- Familiar with Microsoft Office; PowerPoint, Word and Excel, and contact management databases
- Some lab experience is not required but a plus
- Fluent in English
Scope and Resources Accountability, Typical Performance Indicators:
- Scope and Resources Accountability: The position is responsible to help meet annual revenue targets and growth objectives for their assigned Market area while operating within expense guidelines as set forth by the director of marketing.
- Financial Indicators (revenue, budget, etc.): Market expense budget commensurate with the revenue and/or sales potential of the Market area
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Sales revenue and gross margin to budget and/or growth, market shares, timeliness of reports and plans, accuracy of forecasts, brand and company recognition/image.
- Key Contacts (internal/external) and Interfaces: sales, customers, all US Clinical Operations department heads and members of their teams.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA