A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. bioMérieux’s global headquarters is located in Marcy L’Étoile, France, and we have more than 11,200 team members in 44 countries. With our distributor network, we serve more than 160 countries. bioMérieux, Inc., our Americas division, has more than 4,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries. Our passionate team members recognize the power of diagnostics and rally behind our mission to help save lives.
The Corporate Account Executive for Federal Government will establish strategic business relationships with the VA Hospital System, VISN networks, DoD Hospitals, and Indian Health Networks, while managing the bioMérieux product and service portfolio on the GSA Contract and Federal Supply Schedule. Existing and new business must be managed in synergies with the US Commercial Operations Organization, and in accordance with bioMérieux corporate objectives and Federal Government Procurement guidelines/procedures.
- Grow annual sales of bioMérieux products and services in accordance with annual sales growth and profitability objectives
- Prospect, develop and implement strategies to grow and maintain a prominent business presence in VA and DoD Hospitals
- Develop an annual business plan in collaboration with US Sales and Marketing
- Forecast, plan, and execute business objectives so as to meet and exceed sales objectives
- Develop and maintain executive level and KOL relationships in the VA Hospital System
- Conduct executive level business reviews on an annual basis
- Deliver compelling value propositions by leveraging entire Company portfolio vis-à-vis evolving customer needs.
- Work in a matrix environment vis-à-vis front line Sales Managers and Sales Representatives.
- Manage all Federal Government electronic bid and RFP inquires for bioMérieux products
- Maintain in-house relationship with Marketing, Service, Legal and Finance to facilitate an environment of extreme customer centricity
- Manage OPEX within annual budget
- Support other bioMérieux sales efforts such as trade shows, national conventions, and regional sales meetings
- Produce quality work. Exhibit accuracy, thoroughness, promptness, and consistently produce work that achieves stated results. Exhibit dependability and demonstrate commitment to quality.
- Leverage Enterprise Business Management portfolio to increase the level of value delivered to improve customer allegiance to bioMérieux
- Maintain accurate opportunity pipeline in CRM 360
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews with the VP of Sales
- Submit expense reports on a weekly basis
- Maintain accurate customer records in CRM 360
- Update Outcomes and Next Steps for all appointments in CRM 360 on a daily basis
- Manage all RFP responses for VA VISN Networks
Studies and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years In-Vitro Diagnostic Capital Equipment sales experience required
- Health System, National Accounts, and IDN sales experience (preferred)
- BS/BA degree required, in a science related field (preferred). MBA (preferred).
- Sales Management experience (preferred)
- Advanced computer skills required, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, and SalesForce CRM.
- Minimum of 30% field travel required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven track record in a corporate selling environment involving multiple layers of decision makers and stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate with all bioMérieux departments including field sales, finance, senior management, legal, contract admin and with key corporate contacts.
- Excellent presentation skills and utilization of multi-media presentation tools.
- Problem solving skills. Anticipates problems, establishes priorities, analyzes relevant factors and develops action plans. Searches for improvement opportunities and applies new and creative solutions.
- Business acumen. This individual possesses keen business acumen. Knows the “give and take” in a business environment while demonstrated the ability to create win/win solutions.
- Technical Competence. Understands product Significant Sustainable Completive Advantages and the bioMérieux High Medical Value approach. Demonstrates knowledge of the impact on economic and patient outcomes.
- Negotiation skills. Demonstrates the ability to negotiate complex contracts and other transactions leading to win/win relationships.
- Leadership. Demonstrates the ability to direct necessary efforts to achieve company growth goals in the areas of responsibility.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment; managing without authority
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.