A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. bioMérieux’s global headquarters is located in Marcy L’Étoile, France, and we have more than 11,200 team members in 44 countries. With our distributor network, we serve more than 160 countries. bioMérieux, Inc. sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health. Our passionate team members recognize the power of diagnostics and rally behind our mission to help save lives.
bioMerieux has a position for Financial Analyst to be based in our Durham, NC location.
The Financial Analyst will support the commercial operations of Industry for the Americas.
- Drive the expense forecast and budget processes of the legal entities within the framework of the Group budget process and guarantee the respect of deadlines, procedures and deliverables
- Actively contribute to the closing activities in collaboration with the financial accountants to ensure accurate information for reporting and decision making
- Build the monthly reports and perform required reconciliations, plus ad hoc reporting to all Business Partners
- Performance analysis and commentary with the objective of identifying profit improvement opportunities & challenge Business Partners accordingly.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to the management team to aid decisions in the course of daily business as well as strategic topics to ensure sustainable profitability. Actively contribute to projects by producing or validating the economic & ad hoc studies. Alert operational management to any issues and propose necessary corrective actions, KPIs and metrics.
- Approve and challenge the investments/purchase requests and ensure compliance with Group purchasing processes
- Implement Internal Controls within area of responsibility. Be an active participant in the Internal Control System by performing specific, regular controls
- Provide leadership for continuous improvement in all areas of controlling & contribute to the evolution of the controlling tools
- Perform tasks in full transparency with other Finance departments and with a collaborative spirit
Studies & Experience:
- Minimum four-year degree in Business, Accounting/Finance or related discipline; Graduate from Business School preferred
- Experience in audit, internal control, operational management control (2 year minimum, 5 preferred)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Skills in controlling, accounting, finance, management
- Advanced Excel required; SAP, Sales Force, Tableau (or similar data visualization tools) strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork & leadership skills
- Analytical and synthesizing capabilities; ability to prepare & present data removing ambiguity or complexity; ability to work independently and efficiently; ability to adhere to deadlines
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.