This job posting is no longer active.
Location: , United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Customer Service
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 44 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network. This includes our SLC site, formerly known as BioFire Diagnostics.
A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
BioMerieux has a position open for Associate Field System Engineer to be based in Sioux Falls, SD. The territory will include SD, ND, NB, IA, and MN. 40% travel.
***$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED***
The Associate Field System Engineer will manage all service needs of their assigned geographic base of customers. The activities include installation, maintenance and repair of the instrument base within the assigned area, as well as the administrative actions required to accurately reflect these activities.
Installation and Servicing 50%
1. Responds expediently to all requests for customer instrument service via communications with service office; ensures that all instrument service requests are fulfilled within area of geographic responsibility.
2. Exercises judgment on service call handling and deployment. Requests support when service call backlog exists. This will be accomplished via communications with service center and service management.
3. Installs instrumentation sold by bioMérieux and assists customers in basic methods of operation, maintenance and instrument repair procedures, while gaining systems and applications knowledge.
4. Diagnosis and repair instrument malfunctions to the board level and ensures that instruments operate optimally in all performance areas.
5. Maintains accurate preventive maintenance schedules and ensures timely completion of all scheduled maintenance within area of geographic responsibility. During preventive maintenance responsibilities include:
Administrative Requirements 20%
1. Completes Instrument Service Reports and Quality Assurance Checklists for each customer contact in order to accurately document instrumentation, customer or test related problems. Corrects problems encountered or formulates a corrective action plan which is outlined for customer during time of contact.
2. Via Instrument Service Reports provides accurate data for installation, warranty, instrumentation and customer history documentation.
3. Documents recurring instrument/test related failures and should include suggestions for changes or modification to existing instrumentation, policies, manuals or concepts.
4. Completes all required departmental forms including but not limited to Instrument Service Reports, Quality Assurance Checklists, Preventive Maintenance/Verification Checklists, Repair Tags, and Weekly Time Sheets and Travel Expense Statements and makes timely submission in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
Other Related Duties 30%
1. Maintains and controls spare parts inventory at levels compatible with repair and financial objectives.
2. Ensures operating expenses fall within departmental budgetary guidelines.
3. Continuously improves knowledge of bioMérieux policies, instrumentation and service techniques while improving interpersonal skills in an overall effort to ensure customer satisfaction.
4. Provides necessary follow-up on service agreement purchase to ensure achievement of departmental revenue objectives.
5. Is responsible for care, maintenance and safeguarding of all company issued property, i.e., car, test equipment, tools and spare parts.
6. Adhere to all Standards of Performance and meets all documented MBOs.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).