A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 44 countries and serves more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l’Étoile, near Lyon, in France.
Joining bioMérieux is choosing to be a part of an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanist corporate culture.
Our Company offers numerous opportunities for professional development. You want to help save lives across the globe? Join the 12,000 employees of bioMérieux!
Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job
Establish and lead the Medical Affairs in the Asia-Pacific (ASPAC) Region
Actively contribute to the development of Medical Affairs in the ASPAC Region, in interaction with Global Medical Affairs and the 4 other regional Medical Affairs teams
- Define the Medical Affairs strategy for the ASPAC region.
- Keep up-to-date with scientific and medical knowledge in the areas of interest for the company (mainly Infectious Diseases/ microbiology and Acute care) in order to provide relevant expert advice to stakeholders in the company: attend pertinent sessions at professional meetings, meet with experts and clinicians and be knowledgeable in the appropriate medical literature and guidelines.
- Identify, engage and develop long term relationships with current and rising thought leaders in infectious diseases, laboratory medicine, critical care and other relevant specialties. Additional interactions will include key institutional personnel within laboratory, infection control, pharmacy etc. Build a strong network of experts (clinicians and microbiologists), and adhoc advisory boards.
- Lead/ Contribute to medical educational efforts both internally and externally.
- Identify potential research gaps in collaboration with Global Medical Affairs and ASPAC Marketing, and lead/contribute to peri- and post-launch studies (PPLS) in ASPAC along with country Medical Affairs ( contact with investigators, validation of study design, result analysis..).
- Help increase the medical and scientific visibility of the company through scientific publications, symposiums or workshops, participation in professional or medical societies or contacts with healthcare authorities, as well as interacting with key policy-makers in ASPAC (governmental and non-governmental groups).
- Be the Medical Referral Expert for the Region, to inform corporate functions about medical issues and needs.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in health sciences area (Medical doctor preferred ; PhD acceptable) with relevant experience in the clinical field such as laboratory medicine, applied medicine, clinical trials, healthcare industry
- Minimum 10 years of relevant healthcare-related experience with a minimum of 5 years of management experience
- Additional education or certification in Business and/or Management is desirable
- Good knowledge of hospital/ medical environment, ability to lead transversal groups, both internally and externally
- Experience in the design, conduct, management, follow-up and analysis of clinical trials
- Experience with deployment of medical education programs, KOL groups, expert advisory groups
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven track record of project management, teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation.
- Demonstrate high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Creative problem-solving skills and decisiveness
- Presentation and training skills.
Working at bioMérieux means being involved long term with a pioneering, visionary and constantly growing company that allows its employees to live a stimulating and inspiring experience in a fulfilling work environment
Our internal mobility policy offers numerous opportunities for each of our 12 000 employees to blossom throughout their career, while respecting each employee’s individual talents as well as their personal and professional development.
At bioMérieux, over 200 professions - both scientific and non-scientific - offer our employees the opportunity to broaden their fields of expertise and develop cross-functional careers. We provide a rewarding experience in an international company that brings together talents from diverse backgrounds, thus fostering a daily aspiration to go beyond the limits.
Helping improve public health around in the world : our mission gives purpose to every profession practiced within the company.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.