A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 44 countries and serves more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l’Étoile, near Lyon, in France.
Joining bioMérieux is choosing to be a part of an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a human-centered corporate culture.
Our Company offers numerous opportunities for professional development. You want to help save lives across the globe? Join the 13,000 employees of bioMérieux!
Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
Act as a clinical resource to demonstrate and promote the clinical value of our products and solutions to physicians & other healthcare providers by supporting their implementation within the hospital or healthcare environment in order to improve patient outcomes, provide real-world evidence, educate, and promote demand & prescription
- Support the commercialization of diagnostic tests & solutions and actively contribute to reaching our company sales goals by providing clinical expertise necessary to promote their adoption and use while working with the sales and marketing teams
- Demonstrate the clinical and economic value of our high medical value products and solutions by providing education to physicians-nurses-pharmacy staff & other healthcare providers, & performing clinical presentations in relevant hospital departments and at pertinent medical events
- Promote bioMérieux products and services through products demonstrations, evaluations, or site visits
- Assist laboratories with implementing our products-tests & solutions in daily routine patient care, then developing best practices and protocols to maximize our products utility,
- Enable our customers in fully utilizing the clinical potential of our products & Identify and formulate clinical case studies
- Assist in field based activities of bioMérieux teams and clinical knowledge : business workforce training, report satisfaction & needs & market trends, create new revenue opportunities, assist in executing retention plan at critical accounts, coordinate with AS to troubleshoot process and product issues, cooperate with marketing representatives and Medical Advisor
- Support development of Key Opinion leaders network among Clinicians, Laboratory and Administration : capitalize on relationship opportunities for cross selling bioMérieux products & services
- Participate in local and/or regional and/or National educational and promotional initiatives (eg; trade shows and congresses, symposia and other medical events…)
- Support the operational aspects of clinical studies which demonstrate the value of our products and solutions through real-world evidence
Typical Studies-Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong clinical & scientific background : Degree in Nursing, Medicine, Pharmacy, or related healthcare field is required
- Familiarity with infectious disease diagnosis, treatment and/or clinical microbiology or methods is desirable.
- Knowledge of laboratory workflow, hospital environment and clinical care pathways
- Sales or marketing experience in biopharmaceutical or diagnostic field and/or life sciences research are a plus.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant experience in clinical medicine, nursing, pharmacy, or a related healthcare field is required
- Experience in hospital based clinical process implementation and improvement is desirable
- Proven skills and experience in presenting medical and technical information to audiences with various degrees of scientific and clinical backgrounds
- Willingness to demonstrate clinical value of our products in coordination with sales and marketing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, in both French and English
- Customer and problem solving oriented
- Cooperation and team player mindset, negotiation skills.
Working at bioMérieux means being involved long term with a pioneering, visionary and constantly growing company that allows its employees to live a stimulating and inspiring experience in a fulfilling work environment
Our internal mobility policy offers numerous opportunities for each of our 13 000 employees to blossom throughout their career, while respecting each employee’s individual talents as well as their personal and professional development.
At bioMérieux, over 200 professions - both scientific and non-scientific - offer our employees the opportunity to broaden their fields of expertise and develop cross-functional careers. We provide a rewarding experience in an international company that brings together talents from diverse backgrounds, thus fostering a daily aspiration to go beyond the limits.
Helping improve public health around in the world : our mission gives purpose to every profession practiced within the company.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.