A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
Following the roll-out of the new bioMérieux Human Resources organization, the Learning & Development Center of Expertise has been created with the following mission:
- Support bioMérieux strategic challenges and business priorities
- Prepare each team member and the company for the future
- Promotie managerial practices and the «Our behaviors » mindset
- Foster individual and collective performance
This mission allows us to consistently support bioMerieux’s People & Culture vision: “We are partners that provide a unique employee experience, enable the evolution of company culture, positively impact company strategic initiatives.”
We are pleased to be opening the position of L&D Director for the Americas, based in Salt Lake City.
Overall mission: Partner with the VP HR NA and the LATAM HR Leader in order to design, coordinate and monitor the L&D roadmap for bioMérieux team members in the Americas in line with the regional and local business needs and with the global L&D strategy.
- Be identified regionally as responsible for all information related to Learning & Development (strategy, process, catalogue, Learning Management System, development offers)
- With the support of the team, develop, implement and manage learning and development policies, procedures and programs for the Americas.
- Relay, promote and implement global L&D initiatives in the region, manage potential local training adaptations with local HR teams
- Identify specific regional/local needs, design and implement customized solutions (in strong partnership with HR + business teams)
- Collect, arbitrate and answer to individual Learning & Development needs (with local & regional HRBPs)
- Optimize, in a coherent and harmonized way, the training and development process (methods, providers, costs) and associated tools (Learning Portal) for Americas.
- Participate in the set-up of training plans ensuring their implementation, selecting providers, logistic organization, delivering training, evaluating training, recording training and managing the budget.
- Manage the team : 2 L&D specialists
- Set up and monitor Key Performance Indicators for his/her area of responsibility. Use CSOD Learning Management System to create sessions, enroll participants, produce reports and relevant KPIs etc
- Be part of Global L&D Management Team and of Americas HR team meetings/governance (NA and LATAM)
- Contribute to global projects related to L&D (Immersive Learning, PMP development part, AXIA, Our Behaviors adoption)
- Occasionally facilitate workshops
Typical Studies-Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree required, Master Degree preferred.
- > 10 years of Learning & Development experience required.
- CPLP and/or CPTM Certifications strongly desired
- Experience in team management and in an international business environment
- English is mandatory, Spanish would be a plus.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing a Learning & Development strategy across geographies
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems (ideally CSOD) desirable
- Knowledge of new Learning and Development technologies desirable
- Demonstrate “Our behaviors”, specifically : showing emotional intelligence, collaborating, focusing on customers, driving execution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to occasionally deliver training and facilitation to diverse audiences.
- Proficiency in adult/peer/team Learning and Development principles and practices.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.