A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
bioMerieux has a position open for a Clinical Education Manager to be based in NC.
As part of the sales team, the Medical Education Liaison (MEL) will assist the territorial sales managers in achieving sales goals and enabling our customers in fully utilizing the clinical potential of our products. This will involve working directly with the sales managers to develop pre and post-sale strategies to bolster sales with new and existing customers.
The MEL educates clinicians, nursing, pharmacy staff and other clinical support staff on the benefits and clinical utility of our products; assist facilities in developing best practices and protocols to maximize our products utility; form relationships with clinicians to develop clinical champions and future key opinion leaders, provide education to the sales force on all company products, garner best practices and protocols from customers; assist with implementing our products in their facilities. Develop and assist in development of clinician focused marketing tools and education programs.
The Medical Education Liaison works very closely with the regional and territorial sales managers, corporate account managers, point of care specialists, field application specialists and the marketing team.
- Create new revenue opportunities by creating clinical awareness and demand through clinical education.
- Provide expertise necessary to achieve the clinical close portion of the sale working with the Territory Sales Manager.
- Support corporate accounts in growth and expansion of reagents within GPO and IDN’s
- Provide clinical consultative services to relevant hospital health care providers to help bioMerieux customers achieve optimal patient and quality outcomes with appropriate utilization of high medical value assay testing.
- Increase awareness of assays at go-live
- Assist in protocol design and implementation
- Deliver education of approved on-label usage of products
- Provide department and specialty specific training on utilization and interpretation
- Help standardize and increase success of customer test implementation
- Capitalize on relationship opportunities for Specialist/Generalist cross selling products
- Analyze region for revenue opportunities.
- Provide education to hospital Health Care Professionals on clinical pathways and clinical utility of Diagnostic products.
- Focus areas of Infection Prevention, Emergency Medicine, ICU, Pulmonology, Cardiology, Orthopedic, Laboratory, Pharmacy, Risk Management and Administration.
- Provide formal presentations as well as informal trainings (ie. Grand rounds, ASP meetings, round table discussions, etc) utilizing peer reviewed publications, clinical case studies and LR approved marketing materials.
- Facilitate intradepartmental communication to maximize patient solutions within institution.
- Conduct In-Servicing at key sites (ASP committee, Sepsis meetings, Infection Prevention etc).
- Support development of Clinical Champions and Key Opinion Leader Network.
- Develop relationships with key regional institutions.
- Gain acceptance and implementation of recommended clinical pathways at such sites.
- Foster relationships with key personnel to serve as references.
- Establish centers of excellence as benchmark for other customer sites to model.
- Assist in development of evaluation criteria at such sites evaluating bioMerieux solution.
- Assist with tracking and developing clinical champions and KOL membership using Network Directory.
- Identify and formulate clinical case studies.
- Collaborate with Commercial team (TSM, CAM, POC, FAS, Inside Sales) to identify and align with region goals.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Medical Affairs colleague.
- Track critical and lost accounts.
- Coordinate with Field Application Specialists to troubleshoot process and product issues.
- Design and coordinate solutions for client.
- Provide evaluation support for product comparisons.
- Report industry and market trends.
- Report client satisfaction and needs.
- Assist in field based training of Health Care Professionals.
- Clinical background and context of disease states associated with company’s product line.
- Implications to patient and physician of adopting different clinical pathways.
- Sharing best practices for gaining access to and influencing key clinical decision makers.
- 4 year Bachelor Degree in Nursing, Physician Assistant Studies, licensed Pharmacist required.
- Clinical advance degree preferred (Board certified Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Infectious Disease Pharmacist or an Advanced Public Health Degree with experience in hospital based clinical process implementation and improvement)
- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience as RN in ER/ICU/CCU/Trauma or minimum 3 years Physician Assistant, Pharmacist experience in the acute care setting
- Current licensure as Registered Nurse, Pharmacist or Physician Assistant in state of residence or equivalent credentials required.
- Measurable experience as a clinician or nurse is required.
- Familiarity with infectious disease diagnosis, treatment and/or microbiology/virology methods is desirable.
- Ability to travel 70%
- Sales experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Laboratory workflow and fiscal operations a plus.
- Knowledge of medical institution hierarchy required.
- Knowledge of Syndromic Approach Infectious Disease diagnostic products a plus.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft office; PowerPoint, Work and Excel, and contact management databases.
- Should be comfortable and have experience, presenting technical information to audiences with various degrees of scientific and clinical experience.
- Lab experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Presentation skills are essential
- Communication skills required for selling and support
- Clinical critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Territory Management skills
- Should be able to lift 55-65 lbs. comfortably.
- Should be able to manage physical requirements necessary for extensive travel.
- Extensive Travel Required
- Valid Driver’s License Required
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.