A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
The Site Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver high profile project(s) that span across the St. Louis Site. Manage resources, schedules, financials and adhere to stage gate quality throughout the full project life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The Site Project Manager has the authority to run the project(s) on a day-to-day basis. Verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that involve one or multiple departments and provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership.
- Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members and external resources to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities, and project milestones
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards and report on project success criteria results, metrics, risk.
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project and estimate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings.
- Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections, and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders
- Act as an internal quality control check for the project
- Define the Statement of Work and User Requirement Specifications for the project
- Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project and program team, analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas
- Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project and program life cycle
- Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and university stakeholders.
Studies, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- B.S. required (Science, Eng, Appopriate field of study)
- 5+ years of project management experience
- PMI Certification preferred or willingness to obtain certification
- 5+ years of experience with Change Management in an FDA or USDA regulated industry
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
- Proven ability to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross - functional environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Experience presenting to executive sponsors and demonstrated communication skills; both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff, all levels of management
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts and drafting and submitting budget proposals preferred
- Proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Word with experience presenting to stakeholders and / or Senior Leadership
Lifting (up to 25 lbs) office products and supplies and moving containers of various materials.
Operating within cool temperature and low humidity conditions within the production room.
Constant noise is common due to the operation of the air-dry chamber, taping and pouching equipment.
Excellent personal hygiene required.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.