A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
The Regional Business Manager will ideally be based in Atlanta, GA.
The Regional Business Manager will manage and direct a sales force to achieve sales and profit goals within a geographical region. Manages multiple sales reps and a district within a region and adjusts sales goals and procedures as appropriate for each rep and district. Designs and recommends sales initiatives and sets short- and long-term sales strategies. Evaluates and implements appropriate new sales techniques to increase the region's sales volume. Collects relevant competitors' market information to increase sales volume and market share. May recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential.
- Accomplishes regional sales objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching and disciplining sales personnel in assigned districts and direct reports; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves regional sales objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and marketing reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing quality and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining regional sales system improvements and implementing change.
- Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for districts and direct sales personnel in support of national objectives.
- Maintains and expands customer base by counseling district sales representatives; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Provides semi-annual performance reviews and a developmental plan for each direct report, to include written PMP goals with quarterly reviews.
- Generate an accurate monthly and quarterly instrument and reagent forecast based on current trends and analysis.
- BA/BS or Advanced degree in Business, Technical, or Science discipline
- A proven track record of 10+ years of field based sales management or and/or 7 or more years directly related sales experience with exceptional sales record
- Experience and knowledge of the regulations and standards affecting the IVD market is preferable.
- High level computer skills and above average working knowledge of Windows, Apple OS software or equivalent. (Including MS Spreadsheets, PowerPoint and iPad software)
- An ability to lead and influence people utilizing strategic thinking, coaching and developing
- Willingness to travel up to >60% (Min 3 days per week in the field with sales reps and/or regional personnel)
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from customers and/or internal personnel and requiring coordination with other departments.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.