Location: LOMBARD, United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Manufacturing
A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
Assists the Continuous Improvement Leader in developing and maintaining the Continuous Improvement culture of the site, and contributes to having manufacturing processes at a high level of sustainable performance, taking into account HSE and quality culture, as well as regulatory requirements.
• Leads and coaches Continuous Improvement events.
• Works cross functionally to assess as-Is situation, identify possible improvements, prepare opportunity studies, prioritize and realize improvement actions.
• Communicate improvements and cost savings achieved.
• Trains to Continuous Improvement methods and tools in order to create a CI culture, and to develop autonomous teams using these tools.
• Represents the CI function within the project teams, or as a support during CI events.
• Maintains and tracks relevant information around CI (Hoshin, cost savings, idea collection, etc.).
• Coaches and participates in Project Management oversight.
• Participates in the construction of department improvement plans by generating ideas and prioritizing them according to Quality, Cost and Delivery criteria, as well as to site objectives.
• Accountable for proper utilization of CI methods and tools within the site.
• Shares CI good practices within the CI network/community and proposes help if needed. Participates and organizes benchmarks.
Studies and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, with 3 years’ experience in utilization of CI tools in a manufacturing environment.
- Green Belt or Lean certification required. Black belt preferred.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Detail oriented, thorough and self-motivated
- Innovative approach to problem solving
- Strong Project Management and analytical skills
- Passion for driving change
- Skilled in training, coaching & motivating others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Safety awareness, good understanding of cGMP and applicable rules & regulations
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.