A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
The Packaging Technician I position is responsible for the operation of high speed equipment used in the packaging of BacT/ALERT bottles in a cGMP compliant manner. The position may perform or assist in the setup, inspection, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and cleaning of equipment used throughout the BacT/ALERT Packaging processes. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for completing production batches and corresponding documentation for the associated tasks, AQL inspections, reworks and Material reconciliation that goes along with the batch. This is a working mentor position in which 80% of this position is performing the duties of a Process Technician I and/or training others in the duties of a Packaging Technician I.
- Execute production activities while maintaining compliance with all job related SOPs. Ensure that all batch paperwork is completed in an accurate, thorough, and timely manner.
- Ability to generate reports and charts related to the packaging process.
- Express ideas clearly (verbal and written) with the ability to work from verbal and/or written instructions, manuals, work orders and specifications.
- Assist with executing validation protocols associated with manufacturing/packaging equipment and procedures including revalidation as scheduled or required to maintain systems in a validated state.
- As necessary, provide assistance with the review and revision of Manufacturing Directions and SOPs necessary for the manufacture and packaging of product.
- Setup and operate high speed packaging equipment, in some cases highly automated, using HMI interfaces.
- Following of the appropriate departmental cleaning procedures to ensure adequate cleaning of the packaging areas.
- Perform and document all processes and procedures in a timely manner, while maintaining compliance with all company and regulatory agency regulations.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Appropriately use PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) as required to perform routine and non-routine duties.
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Ability to perform computer applications.
- Maintain all work areas in a well-organized, clean and tidy manner at all times in compliance with cGMP requirements.
- Ability to understand Statistical Process Control – translating product specifications/data and making necessary adjustments.
- Process ownership as defined by department (i.e. Safety, OEE, 5S)
- Demonstrate and work towards developing the following attributes:
- Being open to change and new information; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; effectively dealing with ambiguity.
- Shows understanding, courtesy, tact, concern, and respect to others; develops and maintains positive working relationships with others; may include effectively dealing with individuals who have different viewpoints; relates well to individuals from varied backgrounds.
- Ability to rapidly learn new procedures and reduce them to practice. Must be able to learn, comprehend and demonstrate competency in operating new equipment within a 75 day period of working with a trainer.
Studies and Experience:
- A High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of 0-1 years in a regulated production environment (preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry) required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of and experience in following OSHA regulations (LOTO, electrical safety, etc.) is desired.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of high speed, highly automated, production equipment is desired.
- Knowledge of FDA and/or GMP regulations desired
- Mechanical background desired.
- Performs all job functions and responsibilities in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to regularly climb stairs to perform work.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time on shifts that could range from 8-12 hours.
- Ability to routinely lift 20-40 lbs.
- Ability to work overtime as required to support a 24/7 production operation.
- Ability to operate motorized pallet jacks.
- Ability to maintain reliable and punctual attendance
- May be exposed to and require the handling of chemicals, antibiotics and/or hazardous materials.
- May be exposed to strong odors.
- Ability to climb a ladder and or steps.
- Ability to push 125 lbs.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.