A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
Forward thinking global R&D leader with a scope of 300+ employees (Microbiologists, Engineers, Project Leaders, IT/System Development experts) located in both France and USA. Overall objective is to develop differentiated high quality world class products (systems, reagents, solutions, services) to assure continued leadership in the Microbiology field according to the Company’s strategy.
- Promote an innovative, collaborative environment for design development and launch of world class products and services with global impact on the clinical diagnostic and/or industrial applications markets.
- Improve processes to accomplish faster cycle time, improved performance, increased customer value, and reduced costs for new products and technologies. Assure compliance with all relevant regulatory and safety standards for worldwide commercialization.
- Recognizes, conceptualizes, assesses patents and validates innovative solutions and anticipates emerging needs ahead of competition in cooperation with Global Marketing, Medical Affairs, and IP groups
- Manage product improvements, upgrades and obsolescence situations in cooperation with the manufacturing group.
- You will drive the global people strategy with an emphasis on attraction, retention, and building a diverse and inclusive funnel of future leaders.
- Creates an organization that increases functional core competencies, scientific/technical rigor, productivity, and business impact.
- Provide technical leadership and strategic guidance within R&D, to partner functions and to other key stakeholders within and external to the company
- Key contributor to business development, due diligence activities and Executive Committee initiatives.
- Strategic leader in their field for customers and scientific community : represents bioMérieux’s credibility worldwide in expert groups at conventions and customers events, strengthens the corporate image with a strong emphasis on continued leadership with regards to innovation and profound scientific expertise.
Studies and Experience:
- Masters’ required. MD or PhD in Microbiology, Molecular Biology or equivalent highly preferred
- Ten (10) or more years of relevant experience in a senior level leadership position in development under a quality system.
- Significant experience regarding compliance/GMP within IVD industry, understanding of customer needs of clinical and industrial microbiology laboratories.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven ability as a strategic leader that effectively prioritizes and leads/drives transformational change in a complex, large-scale matrix organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a global (cross cultural) team environment
- Experience tracking program cost, schedule, and performance across a dispersed global workforce
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization through significant change without losing momentum; ability to inspire continuous focus on key business drivers
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
- Demonstrates strong conceptual thinking skills, quantitative and qualitative analytical and problem-solving skills, with strong business acumen.
- Ability to effectively deliver on complex situations or problems
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in innovation and business skill set through continuing education.
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written, to engage, influence and get buy-in globally from all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Travel : Yes, 20% of the time – national and international
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.