This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Durham, United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Medical Affairs
A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. bioMérieux’s global headquarters is located in Marcy L’Étoile, France, and we have more than 11,200 team members in 43 countries. With our distributor network, we serve more than 160 countries. bioMérieux, Inc., our Americas division, has more than 4,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries. Our passionate team members recognize the power of diagnostics and rally behind our mission to help save lives.
In the current environment of US and global healthcare with a prominent focus placed on efficiency and affordability, ensuring access to innovative diagnostics is imperative but increasingly ambitious.
With a strong commitment to demonstrate product value to the healthcare system, we are integrating more and more Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) and Real World Evidence (RWE) in our activities. Global Medical Affairs is committed to scientific excellence and the generation of evidence to position bioMérieux’s portfolio of diagnostic solutions for continued success.
As a member of the bioMérieux’s Global Immuno-Assays & Host-Response team, the Global Medical Affairs Scientist HEOR will assess evidence needs, and lead relevant strategic evidence generation, including planning and implementing HEOR and RWE studies and develop the product value propositions and messaging. This role will report to the Program Manager, and will reside within the Global Medical Affairs organization. This role will also require cross-functional collaboration across departments such as broader Medical Affairs, Marketing, Market Access and multiple other functions.
Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job
The primary responsibility of the Global Medical Affairs Scientist HEOR is to plan, design and execute HEOR/RWE studies to demonstrate the value of bioMérieux’s marketed and pipelined products, as well as contributing to Medical Education & Training program activities
• Lead, plan, coordinate, and implement HEOR evidence generation efforts to demonstrate and develop the value of bioMérieux products and solutions
• Design, implement and interpret innovative, scientifically robust retrospective database studies (claims data, electronic medical records (EMRs), registry data etc.), systematic and pragmatic literature reviews to enable development of robust real-world evidence (RWE), economic models, value dossiers and internal knowledge repositories.
• Independently manages all aspects of HEOR and RWE studies including budgeting, protocol designing, assigning and overseeing CROs and other external partners, publication and dissemination
• Participate in internal strategy meetings with cross-functional partners to prioritize needs, hypothesize the potential value messages, develop and refine key research questions, and develop efficient study designs to substantiate these value hypotheses and meet business needs
• Evaluate existing HEOR and RWE publications related to bioMérieux’s products of interest to inventory existing supporting data and identify data gaps
• Plan, develop, and collaborate on the creation of new scientific material (posters, oral communication, publications) and disseminate study results through conference presentations and peer-reviewed manuscripts to increase the scientific visibility of the company, as well as Medical Education & Training program contents.
• Develop or update HEOR- and RWE-related communication materials (e.g., slide decks, economic tools) for internal and external stakeholders
• Develop statistical and economic models to support in-house data analysis in collaboration with internal experts.
• Partner with global/regional/country level market access and medical colleagues for Heath Technology Assessment (HTA) and payer engagements
• Ensure compliance with Good Clinical Practices, regulatory, legal and commercial in conducting research and dissemination of scientific information
• Doctoral degree (preferred) with 1+ year(s) of industry/consulting/academic experience or MS degree (required) with 4+ years of industry/consulting/academic experience in HEOR-related fields (e.g., health economics, decision sciences and outcomes research, epidemiology, health services research)
• A minimum of 3 years of experience managing/leading HEOR and RWE studies within the pharmaceutical/biotech industry or in an academic or CRO environment
• Proven knowledge on clinical trial design
• Experience within the field of in vitro diagnostics helpful
• Research background with expertise in designing and executing HEOR studies and working with a variety of real-world data sources and observational research study design/execution in biotech/pharmaceuticals, consulting or academia
• Ability to conceptualize and build health economic models from scratch using different software programs (e.g., Excel/VBA, SAS, R). Strong biostatistics and analytic skills
• Experience in executing projects with highly technical data and communication of results internally and externally to technical and non-technical audiences
• Knowledge of the evolving payer landscape and payer evidence requirements in the US and main markets for bioMérieux.
• Experience in working in a matrix team environment
• Proven medical/scientific writing experience (published abstracts, posters, and papers)
• 20% travel required mostly national with occasional international travel.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Problem Solving/Judgment/Conceptual and Analytical Thinking
• Relationship Building
• Innovation and Flexibility
• Progressive mind-set, with ability to balance scientific and commercial needs
• Ability to take initiative, and be comfortable working both autonomously with minimal supervision and as part of a cross-functional team
• Ability to work in multinational and multicultural teams
• Fluent in English with excellent oral and communication skills
• Ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems and develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity, and manage execution using innovative/creative research approaches
• Behaves with honesty and integrity
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.