A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
What will your responsibilities be within bioMérieux?
The primary purpose and overall objective of the position is to achieve the sales budget, act as an business developer for microbiology ID/AST and SEPSIS through product technical aspects & medical value)
You will be reporting to the Commercial Manager Nordics, and this position can be based in any country within the Nordics.
Main accountabilities include:
- Be recognized as the expert for Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) and Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS), focused on targeted customers.
- Analyze strategic decision making in the hospital and understand clinicians needs at customers.
- Completion of CRM to capture competitors assets, customer contacts and reporting of all sales events
- Identify and convince decision makers, Key Opinion Leader and influencers, propose technical and clinical solutions (Clinicians and C-Suite). Financial proposal is prepared in collaboration with account manager.
- Collect insights from healthcare providers regarding Antimicrobial management use this information to prepare the way for a more appropriate and wider usage of the products.
- Create a network and full understanding of AMS program within each territory, increase consumption of the installed base and explore for new potential
- Collaborate closely with account managers to have the best synergy with other bioMérieux products, leading to efficient team work.
- Participate in pre-tender works and provide tenders support
- Organize interface between decision makers and key player in the company and participate to national and regional congresses if required
- Ensure the compliance of sales activities, commercial policy, and company policies.
- Any other duties as required.
Who are you?
- Scientific background (Bachelor/Master or PhD in biology / infectious disease) – with a specialization in Microbiology, possibly combined with business degree.
- Cutting-edge scientific understanding and technical expertise in microbiology diagnostics is mandatory
- Fluent in any of the Nordic languages and English, both orally and in writing
- Product knowledge and ability to develop scientific communication/promotional initiatives
- Analytical and decision making skills
- Excellent business and strategic planning and execution capabilities with drive for results
- Driven by achieving timelines taking cost and quality into consideration
- Clinician focus at customer site
- Ability to develop and foster peer-to-peer, credible relationships with health-care professionals and C-Suite
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Solid communication and presentation skills
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.