Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
The primary purpose of the Business Development Manager (BDM) is to maintain and d growth of the current customer base and new business opportunities/revenue through the sale and placement of Invisible Sentinel’s equipment, diagnostic test kits, custom diagnostic solutions, and associated supplies leading to increased revenues for the company. The BDM is directly responsible for achieving the territory sales goals.
- The BDM is responsible for the total territory management of their geographical territory. Their major challenge is to not only maintain, but also grow existing business, while generating new business and revenue through selling and placing instruments and reagents.
- The BDM is responsible for the territory achievement of revenue target and growth goal.
- The BDM interacts with all new and existing customers in their territory. The BDM also interacts and collaborates with the CEO, Head of Sales, Global BDM, Marketing Team, local sales team, and other essential colleagues, as needed or as determined by leadership.
- The BDM is responsible for the territory revenue targets and growth objectives as set forth per calendar quarter. The BDM is expected to foster leadership and teamwork in order to maximize territory potential. The BDM is expected to operate within travel and operational expenses guidelines.
- Specific Accountabilities include:
- To achieve at least 100% of the territory sales goals.
- To drive new business revenue through selling new instruments and reagents.
- To maintain, and grow, existing customer’s business.
- To responsibly manage the total territory sales base with integrity and honesty.
- To clearly demonstrates knowledge of Invisible Sentinel’s technology and competitive technologies. Knowledge is demonstrated through effective presentations and customer training sessions.
- To work with Marketing Team to keep management up-to-date on market conditions and competitive situations; provide strategic input into key marketing programs.
- To coordinate and conduct customer training on Invisible Sentinel products.
- To submit biweekly expense reports and other reports as assigned by leadership.
- To develop and maintain relationships with key influencers on business in assigned market segment.
- To participates in trade shows to build business and obtain sales leads.
- To participate in company and team meetings.
- To update the database resource tool daily.
- To effectively build a sales pipeline through cold calling, prospecting, qualifying and covering accounts.
- To accurately forecast and close new business within the 30-60-90 day time period.
- To strategize and work with the team (including the CEO, Global BDM, Head of Sales, and Marketing) to deliver revenue targets and growth objectives within the territory.
- To be receptive to coaching and mentoring feedback in order to maintain flexibility and adaptability for learning and growth, while meeting customers’ needs.
Typical Studies-Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- 4 year degree in science/business related field.
- Fluency in English and another Asian language, e.g. Chinese, Thai, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Behasa, etc.
- Background and/or experience in brewing and/or microbiology.
- Diagnostic or science background preferred. Proven track record in B2B sales to breweries and/or food manufacturers preferred. Candidates with a general life science degree with diagnostic sales experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 3- 5 years sales experience. Hands on lab experience and the ability to speak with customers in technical terms preferred.
- Must be results oriented, and self-motivated.
- Excellent computer, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills required.