Who we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will have experience with a range of activities related to Scientific Affairs or Medical Science Liaison for a life sciences or diagnostic technologies company. They will be expected to work independently with only a moderate level of supervision, but pro-actively collaborate with colleagues, customers, regulators, and other relevant industry stakeholders. They must be well organized and flexible, and enjoy the challenges of working in a matrix organization, and with diverse people (across cultures) and projects. The ability to interact with colleagues at various levels of the organization in a fast-paced environment, while remaining dynamic, proactive and resourceful, with high levels of professionalism, responsiveness, and attention to detail, are all crucial to this role.
Reporting & Relationships:
This position reports to the Regional Director for the Healthcare Business, ASPAC Industrial Microbiology. Key collaborators will be Scientific Affairs associates within the Industrial Microbiology unit, and the Industrial Microbiology business teams (marketing associates) in the ASPAC region.
Ideally, the position will be based in Singapore, Australia or Shanghai. Flexible in the following locations: India, Japan or Korea. Local employment conditions will apply.
Job Description / Role:
- Deliver scientific expertise to inform bioMérieux Industrial Microbiology segment and solutions marketing, sharpen awareness of the technological and scientific positioning of bioMérieux Industrial Microbiology solutions, and enhance the capacity of our teams to characterize the value that bioMérieux technologies and solutions bring.
- Collaborate with the region to establish and maintain strong professional relationships with key opinion leaders in Pharmaceutical microbiology market segments, including those operating within customer, government and regulatory organizations, with a view to leveraging their expertise and influence as needed to advance bioMérieux Industrial Microbiology business objectives.
- Collaborate with external investigators to complete objective studies (including publication and/or presentation of results) that enhance the acceptance bioMérieux solutions by customers, regulatory authorities, and authors of national testing standards, guidelines or compendia.
- Collaborate with local, regional and global Marketing and Scientific Affairs teams to develop and deliver content and events (symposia, round-table discussions, etc.) that position bioMérieux Industrial Microbiology within key market segments and support effective use of digital marketing/marketing automation.
- Monitor, filter, analyse, synthesize and disseminate scientific and regulatory literature, presentations, publications and other technical information to support strategic positioning of bioMérieux the Industrial Microbiology unit and promotion of bioMérieux Industrial Microbiology solutions.
- Maximize utility of available budgets, operate within relevant budgets, and ensure expenses are accounted for in line with company policies and procedures.
Job Requirements / The Right Person:
- Postgraduate qualification (at least Master level) in pharmaceutical microbiology and/or other relevant biosciences discipline.
- Relevant bioscience industry experience, ideally in scientific affairs, regulatory affairs, or public affairs role concerned with diverse stakeholder relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organisational skills, teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines, professionally managing competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including scientific presentations, is essential. Fluency in a South East Asian language or Mandarin to communicate with key stakeholders, is highly desirable. Some proficiency in French would also be highly regarded.
- Strong MS Office (Office 365) skills and experience with web-based applications for relationship management and professional networking (Salesforce.com, LinkedIn, Researchgate, etc.).
- Ability to travel extensively, domestically and internationally (approx. 25-50% of work time).
- Willingness and ability to comply with bioMérieux Corporate Business Ethics & Compliance policies.
- Experience working in a matrix organization in multinational companies would be advantageous.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Establishment and maintenance of professional relationships with a number of key individuals who influence testing and/or pharmacopoeial quality standards in relevant countries.
- Establishment of multiple collaborations with selected public and private sector labs in relevant countries to conduct objective evaluation of bioMérieux rapid microbiology testing solutions to demonstrate their value versus traditional methodologies with aim of influencing acceptance.
- Professional delivery of presentations (papers/posters/training) that highlight the value of bioMérieux rapid microbiology testing solutions to influencers and regulators of microbiology testing and pharma segments in relevant countries.
- Establishment of a network of internal connections within bioMérieux globally, in Scientific Affairs, R&D, Marketing, and ASPAC Industrial Microbiology.
What we offer:
- Career development opportunities in a leading global diagnostics company with a pioneering spirit.
- Travel and work opportunities in a company with an international vision of a world without borders.
- Work in a multicultural environment, and one that respects gender equality and diversity.
- A role having autonomy with support, scope with direction, and flexibility but focus.
- Solutions for customers characterized by innovative technologies and real value to users.
- Work as a professional scientist engaging internal and external collaborators.
- Access to training and development opportunities offered by Mérieux University.
- Work in a company sharing the Institut Mérieux commitment to improving Public Health.