A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 44 countries and serves more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l’Étoile, near Lyon, in France.
Joining bioMérieux is choosing to be a part of an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a human-centered corporate culture.
Our Company offers numerous opportunities for professional development. You want to help save lives across the globe? Join the 13,000 employees of bioMérieux!
Customer Service Manager, Adriatic Cluster
Responsible for the Adriatic Customer Service Team, to ensure that the bioMérieux Group Strategy towards Customer Orientation, Operational Performance and Profitable Growth is fully implemented and respected within her/his organization, by bringing customer satisfaction to the highest level. This position reports in solid line to the Vice President, Adriatic Cluster. The Customer Service Manager, Adriatic Cluster has three direct reports and a total team of approx. 40 people in three different countries (Italy, Greece, Serbia).
Business, Development of Performance & Optimization
- Optimize the Service sales performance and achieve Service budget, favoring bioMérieux strategy successful implementation
- Determine customer service requirements by maintaining contact with customers; visiting customers; conducting survey, benchmarking best practices (inside and outside Cluster)
- Be operational in specified areas and product lines (all subsidiaries and distributors included)
- Liaise very closely with the Marketing and Sales departments to ensure the best service class to our customers (implementation and support)
- Ensures “new services” are known pushed and implemented
- Make a major contribution to business development by leading strategic service initiatives related to customer satisfaction, increased sales, and cost control
- Drive performance and efficiency in order to ensure the maximum level of expertise to subsidiaries and distributors
- Drive the transformation of the customer service to support the achievement of objectives while improving the organization and efficiency of processes and methods
Management & Development of the Team
- Manage the team under her/his direct/indirect responsibility and ensure communication and exchange to the functional scope
- Optimize efficiency by allocation of the right level of resources to the tasks under her/his responsibility
- Provide the objectives and direction, set up training plan and ensure hiring together with managers reporting to her/him
- Drive the growth of his/her team and address performance issues in order to optimize team organization and efficiency
- Define and prepare team to new technologies and lead change management
Process, Reporting & Compliance
- Ensure that Customer Service is compliant with regards to notifications & corrective actions
- Improves customer service quality results by monitoring and analyzing results; implementing changes if needed
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of reports and statistics related to the customer service function for upper management (KPIs)
- Interact with Customer Service Manager of other Clusters to share experience, benchmark best practices, implement the best transversal organization at customer service level
- Meet the financial KPIs within the department
- Assure teams apply Quality Assurance processes, in collaboration with Quality Management representative
- Define and contribute to operational budget definition
- Master’s Degree in Science/Engineering/ or adequate Education-Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Customer Service roles, skilled in organization and technologies
- Excellent People’s management skills
- Experience in management position in the field of customer service in international companies of Medical device or life science, health sector
- Commercial orientation with a strategic vision, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills in a complex and multidimensional environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy teamwork;
- Process oriented
- Good knowledge of lab environment and Quality requirements
- Excellent influencing skills
- Perfect command of computers and software (Word, Excel). SAP and SalesForce experience is an asset
- Fluent in Italian and English
- Availability to travel frequently in Italy and abroad
Working at bioMérieux means being involved long term with a pioneering, visionary and constantly growing company that allows its employees to live a stimulating and inspiring experience in a fulfilling work environment
Our internal mobility policy offers numerous opportunities for each of our 13 000 employees to blossom throughout their career, while respecting each employee’s individual talents as well as their personal and professional development.
At bioMérieux, over 200 professions - both scientific and non-scientific - offer our employees the opportunity to broaden their fields of expertise and develop cross-functional careers. We provide a rewarding experience in an international company that brings together talents from diverse backgrounds, thus fostering a daily aspiration to go beyond the limits.
Helping improve public health around in the world : our mission gives purpose to every profession practiced within the company.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.