A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
What will be your responsibilities be within bioMérieux?
The Business Development Manager’s main mission is to develop long term business relationships with ATMP accounts (such as universities, CDMO, hospitals and start-ups) and be responsible for supporting, driving and coaching the sales process for cellular attribute testing solutions to Healthcare Local account managers interfacing with the Global Marketing team.
Main accountabilities include:
- Discover, map, confirm and quantify the local ATMP customer’s existing and unmet needs developing a framework for hospitals and CDMO.
- Provide recommendations and share with the Northern Europe Cluster and EMEA organizations the relevant approach for maximizing ATMP market penetration
- Establish strong business relationships with local key stakeholders at assigned ATMP customer accounts.
- Work with ATMP Key Opinion Leaders on key initiatives in collaboration with the Northern Europe Cluster and EMEA/Global peers.
- Contribute to the ATMP plan roll-out with a yearly ambition for budget achievement and profitability and develop a local action plan with a two-to-three-year ambition for revenues and profitability.
- Ensure the best common business approach with clinical colleagues regarding hospitals
- Plan and/or attend relevant ATMP conferences, ATMP workshops, trade shows and customer visits to bioMérieux sites.
- Organize/Manage cellular attributes testing demonstrations at customer site
Who are you?
Studies and Experience:
- Scientific or business degree with a background in biology
- From 3 to 5 years of experience in the ATMP/cell & gene therapy field
- Experience in B2B with strong understanding of the ATMP selling process
- Significant experience in territory sales building and cementing strong client relationships preferably in a hospital, clinical, and/or academic center settings that support long term sales objectives.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to liaise with hospitals, CDMO, universities and start-ups
- Team spirited and customer sales oriented
- Demonstrate leadership through influence and actively promote knowledge sharing with local teams
- Deep knowledge of biology (immunology) and microbiology being a plus (market, competition, customer needs)
- Highly autonomous with the ability to work in a multicultural, matrixed environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for negotiation
- Ability to work and collaborate with Third Party organizations
- Ability to develop and manage key relationships with clinical colleagues, customers, KOL and Top management
This position will be based in the UK with travel >50% within Northern Europe.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.