Sr Software Business Analyst
Summary of Job Description
The Senior Software Business Analyst works as part of a software-development team to analyze and specify new features, represent customer needs to the software development team, and serve as the focal point for knowledge transfer between the business unit and the delivery team on the context and requirements for the software solution.
- Works with product owners to establish relationships with the business and gain a strong understanding of the business domain.
- Demonstrates fundamental consulting and communication skills of listening, writing, presentation, abstraction, and negotiation, and comfortably interact with all levels of leadership.
- Elicits requirements using a variety of techniques to articulate the user needs and desired system capabilities.
- Validates requirements and specifications for quality attributes, such as clarity, conciseness, correctness, completeness, testability, and traceability.
- Translates requirements into specifications to reflect and confirm understanding of the requirements.
- Documents business logic and business rules using appropriate tools
- Contributes to elegant user experiences by applying industry best practices and domain-specific guidelines
- Assists in managing and prioritizing user stories to ensure that scope is consistent with expectations.
- May support system-test activities to ensure fitness of use for the business partner
- Supports efforts in creating, revising, and/or maintaining requirements- and specifications-related SOPs and guidelines
- Stays informed on industry trends in usability and business analysis; may attend conferences as needed
- May travel to local customer sites for educational and support efforts as needed and directed
Typical experience, skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Engineering a plus; or related field with 5+ years experience in industry, or equivalent professional experience.
- 3+ years relevant experience as a business analyst
- Proficient consulting and communication skills: listening, writing, abstraction, and negotiation with ability to comfortably interact with all levels of leadership
- Effective meeting-facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to elicit and manage the business analysis of software projects, including:
- Requirements management
- Use cases and user stories
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) sessions
- Rapid mock-ups
- Documenting business logic, rules, processes, and workflows
- Experience working through all phases of software-development lifecycle, including feasibility, development, software verification, systems verification, and software validation
- Experience working in a clinical or industry (food, veterinary, pharma, cosmetics) laboratory
- Experience with PCR diagnostics.
- Usability, human-factors, UX design experience
- Experience using a requirements-management tool
- Experience working as member of an Agile team.
- Certification in business analytics through accredited course of study
- Experience in a regulated environment as a member of a product-development organization (medical-device or biotech industry) is a plus, along with experience/knowledge of Design Controls
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.