Description BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is looking for a Clinical Applications & Technical Support Manager to join our growing support organization and management team. Join a team that is dedicated to providing the best customer technical support available!
The Clinical Applications and Technical Support Manager will join our support organization's management team and will lead a high functioning team of Clinical Applications Specialists or CAS (I, II, or III) who assist BioFire's customers by answering questions related to the clinical applications of our products as well as documenting and resolving technical problems and questions. The Clinical Applications and Technical Support Manager will ensure our CAS are well trained and our support organization is adequately staffed to support our customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Position Summary: Manages a staff of Clinical Applications Specialists (CAS) to ensure applications and technical support calls or e-mails from customers or distribution partners are responded to in a prompt and accurate manner. Will work with the support organization management team and the Director of Clinical Applications & Technical Support in the design and implementation of process improvements or operational policies. Recommends changes to products or services to fulfill customer needs. The Clinical Applications & Technical Support Manger is expected to act as a voice of the customer and the support organization in various interdepartmental meetings.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an organized, trained team of CAS to ensure applications and technical support calls or emails from US customers or distribution partners are responded to and resolved in a prompt and accurate manner.
- Responsible for the training of new CAS I, II, and III employees and coaching through one-on-one training and mentoring.
- Work with the support organization management team and Director of Clinical Applications and Technical Support to set team objectives and standards through the use of a department quality plan. Monitor and report on the team’s performance against objectives and standards and implement corrective actions as needed.
- Monitor and track all support activity in appropriate software tools. Monitor customer complaints, RMAs, suggestions and other reported issues for trends. Ensure trends are reported to BioFire senior management.
- Ensure telephone support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the US through adequate staffing and scheduling of the support staff. This includes all company holidays.
- Identify needed improvements in current technical support processes and workflows. Work with the support organization management team and the Director of Clinical Applications and Technical Support to identify, select, and implement solutions.
- Work directly with Sales and Marketing management teams to coordinate messaging and sales force involvement as needed for customer support and regulatory issues.
- Work with CAS to find solutions for, and follow up on overdue or difficult complaints.
- Handles escalated complaints from upset customers when necessary.
- Carefully review complaints that have been resolved and submitted for closure by the support staff. Reassign complaints with inadequate documentation to the CAS for more detail when necessary. Close adequately documented complaints that have been submitted for closure.
- Work with the Director of Commercial Team Learning (training) to develop and update technical training programs for products and ensure capacity to provide product technical training to new BFDX commercial team (sales, marketing and field support) employees and distribution partners.
- Ensure support staff is adequately trained and prepared to support new products before they are released for distribution to the field.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BFDX’s Quality System.
Training and Education: Master’s degree in biological sciences or Business, at least 5 years’ experience in related function or industry, and laboratory experience in Molecular Biology or Microbiology; or Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences, at least 7 years’ experience in related function or industry, and laboratory experience in Molecular Biology or Microbiology. Preference for Master’s degree.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a customer facing or similar management role. The applicant should be familiar with a variety of the clinical molecular diagnostic field’s concepts, practices, procedures, rules and regulations. Technical experience with medical device systems (hardware and software) also preferred.
Skills: The applicant must be highly skilled at communication, both written and verbal, and must be able to interact with people of all scientific levels, such as clinical laboratory technicians, safety officers, managers, supervisors and directors; Ph.D. scientists; associate professors; CLIA, CAP and FDA regulators and inspectors; key opinion leaders (KOL); clinical product managers; researchers; hospital administrators; medical engineers; and physicians. The Applicant should have strong leadership and organizational skills.