Associate Applications Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Customer Service
Description At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Associate Applications Specialist!
The Associate Applications Specialist (AAS) supports the customer support organization in daily assignments, projects, data entry and other necessary tasks. The AAS works alongside members of the Technical Support team, internal BioFire groups and bioMerieux distribution partners to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction and loyalty to BioFire products by helping to manage the complaint handling process to ensure the timely, accurate resolution of customer complaints. The AAS also plays an active role in the preparations for product trainings, working with the Clinical Applications Specialists (CAS) I, II, and III in ensuring all needed instrumentation, reagents and training materials are present at training locations.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond promptly and accurately to calls or e-mails for product applications support. Application support may involve help with product updates, training on product instructions for use (IFU), and other support inquiries.
- Under supervision, will initiate, manage and resolve Level 1 customer complaints. AAS will also determine if a complaint needs to be escalated for further investigation requiring the expertise of other departments.
- Support CAS I, II, and III in providing existing customers with training and technical assistance as needed or as product enhancements are launched that require additional training or implementation.
- Provide feedback and customer suggestions to marketing managers targeted at improving the overall product offering.
- Troubleshoot instrument, pouch, software, laptop, and other technical issues.
- Assist in product returns through the Return Materials Authorization (RMA) process.
- Enter customer complaints into internal BioFire software. Work closely with the Regulatory, Quality, and Post Market Surveillance teams in providing feedback regarding the overall customer experience, including failure trends.
- Meet Customer Support quality plan standards.
- Assist in the coordination of training session preparations with the CAS team. This includes instrument and reagent shipping, the building of training materials, and any other preparations needed to complete training session.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BFDX’s Quality System.
Training and Education: High School Diploma required. Some college with an emphasis in biological sciences or related area with laboratory experience in Molecular Biology or Microbiology preferred.
Experience:This position requires 0 (+) years’ experience in a customer-facing role. Basic familiarity with the biological sciences and experience in a laboratory setting preferred.
The applicant must be highly skilled at communication, both written and verbal. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office.Bilingual candidates are preferred.
Physical Requirements:Should be able to safely lift and maneuver up to 40 pounds.
This position is based in Salt Lake City, UT and is not a remote.