A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. bioMérieux’s global headquarters is located in Marcy L’Étoile, France, and we have more than 11,200 team members in 43 countries. With our distributor network, we serve more than 160 countries. bioMérieux, Inc., our Americas division, has more than 4,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries. Our Americas headquarters is in Durham, NC, with nearly 1,200 team members. bioMérieux, Inc. sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health. Our passionate team members recognize the power of diagnostics and rally behind our mission to help save lives.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) Infectious Disease is responsible for medical and scientific engagement across the continuum of customers on disease states applicable to bioMérieux, Inc. in vitro diagnostic products, and the clinical application, utility, and impact of existing and future products. As part of the bioMerieux team, the MSL will work to ensure proper understanding and utilization of bioMerieux’s in vitro diagnostic products through fair and balanced scientific exchange.
- Keep up-to-date with scientific and medical knowledge in the areas of interest for the company (mainly Infectious Diseases/ microbiology and Acute care) in order to provide relevant advice to appropriate individuals within the country/subsidiary; attend pertinent sessions of healthcare-associated meetings (government, NGO, medical, patient, etc.); meet with KOLs/experts and healthcare providers and be knowledgeable in the relevant medical literature, developments and guidelines.
- Identify, engage and develop long term relationships with current and rising thought leaders (KOLs, experts, others) in infectious diseases, laboratory medicine, critical care and other relevant specialties (laboratory personnel, infection control, pharmacists, etc.). Build a strong network of pertinent and relevant experts in order to obtain relevant advice, expert opinion, collaborations.
- Contribute to medical education and communications, both internally and externally, for the portfolio of bioMérieux in vitro diagnostic products in a fair and balanced manner.
- Develop and Maintain a territory medical engagement strategic plan to drive bioMerieux Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) and Antimicrobial Stewardship Program (ASP) strategy and communicate market insights with US and Global Medical Affairs leadership.
- Identify potential research gaps and lead/contribute to local post market studies and successfully drive investigator-initiated research efforts (contact with investigators, creation and validation of study design, study monitoring, results analysis, etc.).
- Respond to unsolicited requests for Medical Information including off-label scientific evidence associated with supported products and disease state areas using evidenced-based research presented in a fair and balanced manner and in accordance with applicable regulations, guidelines and bioMerieux policies, procedures and practices.
Studies/Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in health sciences area (Physician, PhD Medical Microbiologist, PharmD or equivalent) with minimum 5 years experience in Infectious Disease
- Experience with pharma/IVD industry preferred
- Excellent knowledge of hospital/clinical/medical issues and environment
- Experience with IVD products and/or clinical lab environment is highly desirable
- Current licensed practitioner in state of residence preferred
Skills and Qualifications:
- Preferred previous minimum 3-5 years Medical Science Liaison/Medical Affairs experience
- Knowledge of regional specific healthcare systems and clinical practices related to patient care
- Demonstrated experience translating value of laboratory innovation into clinical application
- Strong communication and relationship development skills
- Management or supervisory experience preferred
Scope and Resources Accountability, typical Performance Indicators:
- Scope and Resources Accountability: US Medical Affairs
- Financial Indicators (revenue, budget, etc.): Annual Performance to OPEX
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Customer Engagements and Implementations, Response rate to Medical Affairs requests, Feedback from Customer Education
- Key Contacts (internal / external) and Interfaces: US and Global Medical Affairs Teams, US Clinical Marketing and Sales Teams, Legal, CSO, IT Solutions
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.