We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is a fast-growing biotech company looking for Software Configuration Engineers to play an integral role in creating cutting-edge life-saving clinical diagnostic devices. You will be joining a team that values collaboration and a healthy work life balance.
Software Configuration Engineers work as members of the system development team to define specifications for and configure the Microsoft Windows OS and software application components for BioFire products, as well as configuration of installation packages for internal and external software deployment. They work with the development and test engineering teams to produce high quality software systems by adhering to industry standard configuration control, writing scripts intended to automate the configuration and verification processes, and effectively utilizing the development tools. They incorporate hardware and firmware configuration dependencies, as well as cybersecurity hardening measures and an understanding of how BioFire systems integrate with healthcare IT/IS systems. Additionally, Software Configuration Engineers assist with end-of-life hardware replacement evaluations and validations to ensure compatibility with software configurations in the field. They also support and troubleshoot software and system configurations for internal end-users and the system development teams. They will have a direct impact on all phases of the software and system development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with the software development and software test engineering teams to write specifications for and configure the BioFire systems OS and software.
- Work with the development and test teams to automate the configuration build and testing processes.
- Work with the software development and software test engineering teams to develop configuration installation packages on the build system for internal and external software deployment.
- Participate in system design discussions and implement design decisions.
- Gain an understanding of how the BioFire systems integrate with healthcare IT/IS systems.
- Participate in ongoing cybersecurity vulnerability monitoring and OS security patch management processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams on end-of-life hardware replacement evaluations and validations for instrument sustainment.
- Work with all stakeholders to deliver high quality products that meet customer expectations.
- Support and troubleshoot software and system configurations for internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor of Science in an engineering, scientific or technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 0+ years of work experience in software development or a related field.
In addition to these requirements, the candidate would ideally have the following skills:
- PowerShell, C#
- Software configuration implementation
- Windows OS experience
- Basic software engineering skills (source code control, build systems, installers, OS scripting, etc.)
- Experience with defect tracking systems and root cause analysis
- IT/IS experience
- Cybersecurity in healthcare
Here’s what our software development team members have to say about working here:
- “No politics or drama, everyone wants to help one another and for them to grow.”
- “Having a work place that people want to show up to in the morning.”
- “The work is not only challenging but we get to help develop a product that can make a difference in people’s lives.”
- “I feel relaxed yet driven, and it seems quite rare to find work environments that induce both of these feelings. “
- “The management trusts us as a team to develop quality software without micromanaging.”
- “The group values quality over quantity and speed.”
- “I am able to work with web or desktop application development, with customer facing or internal software, with coworkers with marketing, engineering, and chemistry disciplines, and with a constantly evolving project list.
- “There is always an emphasis on writing good, clean, maintainable code and collaborating with your teammates and others to solve problems. “
- “We aren’t as obsessed with the process so much as the result. The process with which we develop software is more flexible than other places I’ve worked but the end result that we strive towards is the same – to have clean, readable code.”