At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is looking for a Software DevOps Engineer to join our team in providing tools, frameworks, services, and infrastructure to support software development and deployment. At BioFire Diagnostics, you will have the opportunity to design and implement the R&D cloud platform that supports a wide range of teams and applications.
The cloud platform capabilities will empower software engineering teams to deploy and operate applications in a fluent and secure environment. An ideal candidate is a software engineer who is interested in cloud computing and loves to automate and create performant architecture. We’re looking for engineers who enjoy working with a collaborative team. They will have a direct impact on the entire software engineering process through building foundational platforms and services.
- Collaborate with the development and test teams to make improvements to the Software Development Life Cycle and promote Continuous Integration/Deployment.
- Improve efficiency by automating repetitive tasks.
- Evolve the technology to keep up to date.
- Benchmark performance and implement observability to continuously improve the tooling, applications, and environments.
- Help design and build new platforms to develop "common code" solutions for development teams in areas like security, performance, monitoring, build tooling, and infrastructure.
- Work with all stakeholders to maintain a balance between security concerns and agile/flexible development cycles.
- Work with team members to create frameworks, services, and applications that support deployment goals.
- Bachelor of Science in computer science, computer engineering or a related scientific or engineering discipline.
- 0+ years of experience in professional software development or a related field.
In addition to these qualifications, the candidate would ideally have experience with:
- Using CI/CD tools like Git, Bitbucket, Pulumi, and TeamCity
- Working with cloud infrastructures like Amazon, Azure or Google Cloud
- Windows/Linux administration and scripting (e.g. shell/PowerShell, Python)
- Developing, deploying, and running an application in production
- Infrastructure as code, service-oriented architectures, and automation frameworks and technologies
- Biotechnology, bioinformatics or data engineering
Here’s what our Software Development team members have to say about working here:
“We aren’t as obsessed with the process so much as the result. The process with which we develop software is more flexible than other places I’ve worked but the end result that we strive towards is the same – to have clean, readable code.”
- “No politics or drama, everyone wants to help one another and for them to grow.”
- “Having a work place that people want to show up to in the morning.”
- “The work is not only challenging but we get to help develop a product that can make a difference in people’s lives.”
- “I feel relaxed yet driven, and it seems quite rare to find work environments that induce both of these feelings. “
- “The management trusts us as a team to develop quality software without micromanaging.”
- “The group values quality over quantity and speed.”
- “I am able to work with web or desktop application development, with customer facing or internal software, with coworkers with marketing, engineering, and chemistry disciplines, and with a constantly evolving project list.
- “There is always an emphasis on writing good, clean, maintainable code and collaborating with your teammates and others to solve problems. “