A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
Provide technical support, training, troubleshooting, and consultation to internal and external customers for the diagnostic test systems marketed by bioMérieux. Coordinate efforts with Application Specialists to provide world-class system support for all internal and external customers. A System Engineer promotes teamwork and cooperation, removes barriers to productivity, creates an enthusiastic/positive work environment, and provides leadership by example, to other System Engineers.
- Answer internal and external customer inquiries per established guideline and document in ERP system; consult as appropriate with Application Specialist, System Engineer, Management, Global Customer Support, and Customer Complaint Management Center
- Develop problem solving and troubleshooting skills for remote/phone support as well as on-site application support
- Learn bioMérieux products and procedures that are job specific and assist with implementation of new products
- Obtain ERP certification; learn investigation process and apply as needed
- Provide consistent follow up to ensure customer satisfaction and meet minimum key performance indicators
- Participate in revenue generation initiatives through promotion of value added projects and services
- Perform on-call duties as needed to provide 24-hour technical support to customers
- Complete projects and tasks in support of organization objectives
Studies and Experience:
- Associate Degree or technical school equivalent in Electronic Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent military training
- Minimum of two years previous service, manufacturing quality control, or research/development experience in biomedical electronics
- Experience with mechanical, electrical, vacuum, and laser systems; basic networking skills
- Experienced in resolving customer problems and providing a high level of customer satisfaction
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient in Windows OS, MS Office programs
- Must be able to work independently, effectively multitask to meet deadlines and competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills such as excellent verbal and written capabilities through previous experiences
- Exhibit good independent decision-making ability, including problem resolution
- Exhibit independent working practices and transferable skills that contribute to excellence in work ethic
- Demonstrate ability to develop a working knowledge on multiple complex electrical systems
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.