A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
The primary role of the Microbiology Automation Specialist is to achieve specific annual microbiology and molecular biology equipment and product sales goals within an assigned geographic area. This individual is responsible for the technical selling and verification of successful installations of bioMérieux equipment product lines. Customers will consist of Integrated Delivery Networks, hospital laboratories, core laboratories, and commercial reference laboratories within a defined sales region.
- Effectively build an instrument pipeline through account segmentation and qualification in conjunction with the microbiology account manager and leverage high-level technical knowledge to move qualified opportunities from Discovery to Closing sales stages.
- Drive new business revenue through selling new instruments and upgrading / adding to existing instrumentation.
- Strategize and work with the Microbiology Automation Sales Director, Corporate Account Managers, Area Directors, Regional Business Managers, Account Managers, Marketing and other specialty team members to sustain and meet/exceed instrument revenue targets and growth objectives within the geography.
- The technical and operational subject matter expert for the respective disciplines and products lines in the industry.
- Work cohesively with Marketing and Sales to help build strategies to position bioMérieux competitively in the market.
- Submit weekly expense reports, update Company CRM 360 tool daily, and complete other administrative tasks as assigned by the Microbiology Automation Sales Director.
- Accurately forecast the close dates and product/revenue dates of equipment for nearer-term equipment close and sales (30-60-90-day forecast).
- Leadership among peers and sales reps. Provide additional training, coaching and objection handling guidance to Account Managers and other team members so as to elevate the level of knowledge and subject matter competency.
Studies and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in business, technical or life science field required.
- Three years or more of Service, Sales and Training in a clinical diagnostics setting required.
- Three years or more of bioMérieux product experience preferred.
- Strong technical acumen concerning Microbiology and Molecular biology technologies, techniques, disciplines
- Strong selling skills with proficiency in selling to the C-Suite; minimum 3 year selling experience preferred
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills, able to work independently, effectively multitask to meet deadlines and competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Windows OS, MS Office programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills, excellent verbal and written capabilities through previous experiences such as training, teaching, sales, or management.
- Excellent customer focus
- Exhibit sound decision-making ability, including problem resolution.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.