At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Security Supervisor!
This position is part of the security and emergency response team. Under the direction of the Security and Emergency Response Manager, the security supervisor will perform general security duties as well as supervisory duties to promote the security and emergency response programs, policies, and procedures. Directly supervises the security technicians in their duties to protect company assets and employees relative to theft, assault, fire, and other security, emergency response and facilities issues. Also assists the Security and Emergency Response Manager in the training and activities of the employee volunteer Building Emergency Response Teams (BERT).
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Under the direction of the Security and Emergency Response Manager, supervises a team of security technicians including:
- Arranging work schedules to ensure required coverage
- Assigning general and specific duties
- Reviewing shift logs and taking appropriate action
- Holding team mtg. and debriefings regarding special assignments to address site activities
- Approve daily time sheets and paid time off (PTO) requests
- Provide or schedule relevant training to the security technicians to include:
- Protecting the company’s assets relative to theft, assault, fire, and other safety and facility issues.
- Observing for signs of crime or disorder and investigate.
- Securing premises by completing patrols internal and external to the building and document activities in a written log and/or electronic application. The patrols will include building access points, general grounds, and monitoring surveillance equipment.
- Completing and submitting shift reports by recording observations, information, and surveillance activities.
- Responding to emergencies to provide necessary assistance to employees and site visitors.
- Learn and assist in the management of the site badge access control system(s) (Genetec version 5.8 and NDE) and learn and assist in the management of the security camera surveillance system (Genetec version 5.8)
Training & Education:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Unarmed security certificate required (may be obtained within 30 days of employment)
- Certifications in crisis management, positive control, event de-escalation or other relevant certifications are a plus.
- Certification in CPR/First Aid/AED is required within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum 1 year experience in building security or security detail operations i.e. military or law enforcement
- Experience in emergency response a plus
- Experience in an employee supervisory role a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Oral Communication - The ability to effectively communicate with all site personnel and outside agencies. This includes ability to reinforce security concepts and policies in a manner that promotes learning and compliance.
- Written Communication – The ability to write technical reports, training materials, standard operating procedures, post orders, and policies.
- Planning/Organizing/Time Management - The ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and multi-task.
- Reasoning - The ability to collect and accurately assemble data in a logical manner. The ability to read, analyze and interpret job related information.
- Dependability – Must have timely and accurate reporting, tracking and follow-up of assignments
- Leadership – Must have strong leadership skills to guide and develop security technicians and volunteer BERT members and champion initiatives companywide
- Computer Skills - Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point, etc.
- The ability to quickly learn our electronic tracking patrol system is required. Experience with a patrol tracking system is a plus.
- The ability to quickly learn our badge access control and security camera surveillance systems is required. Experience with a badge access control system and security camera surveillance system a plus.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 40 lbs., walk on even and uneven surfaces and stairs, have fine motor coordination, ability to pass a respirator fit test, and have ability to gown for clean room environments.