At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Material Handling Supervisor!
The Materials Handling Supervisor is responsible for maintaining, replenishing, and auditing a centralized location or locations within a specific stock warehouse. This Supervisor will lead team leads, material handlers, delivery, and, or receiving personnel to ensure replenishment, inventory integrity, and transactional accuracy of these warehouses. Ensures materials remain in manageable balance against data. Oversees receiving, performs physical and routine cycle counting, kit Kanban replenishment, and deliveries to production sites and bin locations if applicable. Additionally, this Supervisor will oversee and lead inter-building shipping, pick-up, and delivery of nonstandard material and intercompany mail when applicable. Works closely with Team Leads, Purchasing and Engineering on Shortage reporting follow-up and fulfillment. This Supervisor will be required to work regular scheduled shifts and weekends when mandatory overtime is needed, balance workload and personnel.
PLEASE NOTE: The working schedule for this position will be Thursday - Saturday + every other Wednesday from 6:00 PM - 6:00 AM.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Supervises the existing processes and tools of the receiving function in relation to incoming material requirements, procedures, and processes.
- Supervises existing processes and tools related to the stocking of material, related transactions, bin maintenance, and shelving requirements.
- Supervise and guide the intercompany delivery process production and non-production of materials.
- Supervise and guide the production warehouses with existing process and tools: their stock of materials, processes, and cycle auditing of materials in these locations.
- Enforces Materials Managements Attendance Policy and tracker.
- Collaborate with procurement, quality, production and Engineering to ensure material and processes meet business, quality, and production requirements.
- Provide day to day direct supervision of the materials team. Responsible for evaluating performance and for basic corrective action such as attendance, behavior, and performance and providing input to management. Consults with the manager for more complex human resource issues such as company-approved leave, accommodations, and terminations.
- Participates in, leads, assists and/or makes decisions with management input regarding interviewing and hiring personnel.
- Responsible for timesheet and PTO approvals.
- Create/maintain training, and train personnel to new and existing procedures.
- Supervise the transportation and shipping of non-conforming material as directed form Material Review Board back to suppliers.
- Work closely with procurement, Engineering, Quality and the Inventory Control team on tracking and performing necessary transactions including RTV’s.
- Create, Investigate and complete NCR’s.
- Assist management in creating, tracking and reporting of key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Oversee the change order implementation process for assigned area of Materials Management.
- Adhere to company safety requirements and policies.
- Mentors, coaches, and is involved with employee’s performance and development.
- Hold daily meetings with team members to discuss important issues, review and delegate employee tasks.
- Institute LEAN practices for assigned areas of material handling, Examples are Six S, FIFO inventory, and value stream mapping of processes.
- Work effectively with all team members to ensure finished goods are shipped on time and without damage as per area WID.
- Support lot traceability and labeling for regulatory and Manufacturing Execution System (Production Web) processes.
- Assist management in interviewing candidates for new hire positions
- Make inventory adjustments within authorized parameters
- Create/Maintain, and train personnel to new and existing procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Training and Education: High school diploma or equivalent required
Experience: Minimum of two years of inventory, warehouse, and receiving experience. Proven ability in a previous leadership role required. Materials handling experience within the medical device industry, including working with the FDA regarding control of materials for instruments and chemistry, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Understand inventory control principles, warehouse management, and receiving functions. Have experience with using MRP and Warehouse management software. Ability to proficiently use word, excel, and office software. Ability to communicate effectively up and down the organization.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.’ with or without assistance, which may include another person or lifting device, ability to work 50% of time standing and or lifting.