A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
Producing, standardizing & improving common operational activities for the Purchasing Team, in coordination with the Global organization. Provide administrative support to the Purchasing Department, both the Direct and the Indirect Teams based in Durham
- Provide administrative support to the Purchasing Department including ordering of supplies, filing, scheduling meetings, coordinating travel arrangements, coordination and support for IT and mobile materials, especially for new comers.
- Responsible for creating the interview schedule for any Purchasing candidates being interviewed and coordinating their travel arrangements
- Manage, by delegation, some purchasing files and tasks in a multicultural and international context, with interactions with external suppliers
- Maintain and update regularly various centralized purchasing files to include, but not limited to: Approved Supplier List, Purchasing Department SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures), Purchasing Department Training Records, NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreements), contracts and required Supplier documentation (Supplier approval/disapproval forms, surveys, sustainability, ISO certificates,…).
- Run and manage periodical reports: Approved Suppliers List , Diversity Report, Ad hoc analysis.
- Support Purchasing Quality related activities in connection with Corporate Purchasing and Site Coordinator:
- Primary contact between Local Purchasing team and Local QA for supplier approval related activities.
- Manage the process of Vendor External Data Forms
- In charge of creating, managing and maintaining the Supplier Quality folders.
- Support internal/external audit preparation.
- Establish activity tracking tables for the purchasing family reporting according to the scope of responsibilities, as well as objectives follow-up tables specific to the function.
- Manage the Procure-to-Pay process: Coach/assist EPROC (SAP Requisition tool) requesters on any issues in EPROC (creation of shopping carts and receive materials to close out orders). affiliated requests and support the “EPROC key users network” .
- Contract Administration (Data in Digital Contract management application called PACTA)
- Supplier Steering Committee (SSCs) (Supplier performance data management)
- Supplier Catalogues (Also known as Punch-out catalogues) (Maintenance, compliance, Spend data analysis)
- Support and assist buyers and category managers on sourcing activities:
- Supplier Panel management through data analytics (Spend, rationalization, optimization)
- Requests for Quotations/proposal
- Work with legal on Contract management/negotiation
Studies and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Business, marketing, administrative mgmt., etc.) required, Master's Degree preferred.
- Experience: 2-3 years in a similar role preferred.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Cross-cultural skills
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills; presentation creation skills
- Strong organizational & interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy and IT skills (SAP, Eproc, Intermediate to Advanced Excel and PPT, Outlook, Office Suite)
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to work autonomously, and manage multiple priorities effectively.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.