bioMerieux Inc. and its subsidiary BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. are looking for a Director of Sales Operations to join our growing team! The Director of Sales Operations (DSO) manages support functions essential to sales development and operational productivity. These include operational planning, reporting, forecasting, sales process optimization, sales skills development, sales meetings, sales program implementation, sales tools support (CRM, CPQ), sales compensation design and administration, sales territory planning, and providing precise and accurate communications to all additional interacting departments and support functions. The DSO works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate commercial objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization and supported. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of internal/field sales, robust business acumen, marketing, business processes, as well as BioFire Diagnostic and bioMérieux products, ERP and CRM Communication Systems. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with corporate policy and within the guidelines of bioMerieux’s Quality System and Healthcare Code of Conduct.
- Provide reports to various departments used for production, forecasting and accounting for monthly, quarterly and yearly planning. Monitor the accuracy and efficient distribution of these reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommend revisions to existing reports or assist in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Oversee and direct activities in Sales Operations including activities related to a) sales contracts management e b) inside sales and c) pricing. Key management functions include sales business processes, procedures, documents and personnel within the department. Responsible for timely and accurate order processing. Ensure that contact with new prospects in both Acute and POC markets are being successfully transitioned to new customers through utilization of the inside sales team. Ensure pricing accuracy and consistency.
- Provide support and direction to Contracts team within Sales Operations regarding best practices, quality and approving proposals/agreements.
- Develop and manage the inside sales team to execute lead generation, opportunity qualification, and pipeline management skills in defined segments of the target market.
- Oversee the maintenance and improvement of sales tools systems for field sales teams. Monitor the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data. Work closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of technology investments.
- Coordinate sales training development, delivery and measurement for the sales organization to achieve annual business objectives. Ensure curriculum is designed to provide field sales with skills needed to be successful.
- Develop and administer sales territory planning and incentive compensation programs.
- Maintain high levels of quality, accuracy for contract creation and processing and all other functions within Commercial Operations.
- Lead Sales Operations’ correspondence with Legal and Finance regarding all contracting activities including: government contracts, IDN agreements, material transfer agreements, RFQs, RFIs, RFPs and bids.
- Direct Sales Operations in actively supporting Sales Management with all activities aimed at increasing sales, accurate quote generation, and vendor registrations.
- Direct Sales Operations in the efficient and accurate coordination and delivery of all field sales incentive program compensation to the field.
- Final development and deployment to the field of all new instrument and panel pricing programs, after review and approval by Executive Leadership.
- Work with sales leadership to develop BioFire sales process for Inside and Field Sales Team.
- Work with sales leadership and internal stakeholders to develop and manage post sale process (Shipment to Go-Live).
- Develop and maintain standard processes and tools between Sales Operations, Finance, Marketing, Field Sales, and Legal to ensure proper alignment of goals and continuity between departments working with Sales Operations.
- Other assigned duties or miscellaneous tasks as directed by the VP of US Clinical Sales.
Training & Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business or Science related field is required. Advanced degree (MBA) js preferred. Additional supplemental work experience that would be an asset includes (in order of importance) - Federal Government Procurement and a working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) or GSA Contracting, GPO contract management, and general Business Law.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in field sales, marketing, or another relevant commercial function required. Minimum of 5 years management experience over a commercial sales team preferred. Excellent analytic skills and demonstrated experience in analyzing and synthesizing data to make informed decisions using Excel and other tools. Must have contact management database experience (preferably SalesForce CRM) and computerized accounting software packages (preferably MAS500 and SAP). Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operations levels. Experience demonstrating priority management, attention to detail and problem solving and solution implementation skills required. High level of functional business acumen related to the In-vitro Diagnostic Market and optimized business process management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience and knowledge of the regulations and healthcare trends affecting the IVD market is required
- High level computer skills and above average working knowledge of Windows, Apple OS software or equivalent. (Including MS Spreadsheets, PowerPoint and iPad software)
- An ability to lead and influence people utilizing strategic thinking, coaching and developing
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from customers and/or internal personnel and requiring coordination with other departments.
- Knowledge of Lean Management and Process Improvement Skills preferred
- This position requires travel (less than 25%).
- Able to lift 60-75 lbs.
- This position requires successful completion of background checks, drug screens, and other such consumer reports as necessary for vendor credentialing purposes.