A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
The Regional Service Manager is responsible for effectively and efficiently managing a profitable service operation within an assigned geographical area. This service operation must consistently deliver the highest quality service in unison with bioMérieux’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Build a high quality team of field systems engineers (FSE's) that will promote the service image, reputation and customer satisfaction necessary to support sales goals and objectives. This accountability will be attained through the provision of the necessary technical / administrative training, the appropriate tools, and direction to ensure the quality of service delivered is consistent with established goals. Establish the vision and lead a multi-functional Customer Facing Support Services organization to achieve the corporate goal of satisfied and loyal bioMerieux customers.
- Support the Director of Field Service Operation to ensure the completion of departmental projects on time, implemented as planned and produce the desired results. Taking ownership and following up on project related assignments within the management team, as well as, communicating directly with the Director of Field Service Operations when issues arise that will affect delivery. Manage business on a regional and national level to ensure departmental goals, both qualitative and quantitative, are accomplished and tracked monthly. Establish and achieve service revenue targets in keeping with the overall bioMérieux revenue growth strategy.
- Overcome the obstacle of remote employee management through frequent travel (approximately 30%) into the assigned geographic region. This frequent travel must be balanced with the added responsibility of the completion of assigned departmental projects. The ability to plan, organize and coach FSEs will be key qualities necessary for success in this position.
Studies and Experience:
- A four-year degree in business or a related engineering field is required with at least 5 years of field service experience. Medical equipment manufacturing and service experience a plus.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Fundamental knowledge of the principles and practices of laboratory medicine.
- Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of finance and cost based accounting.
- Broad knowledge and practical experience in project management, personnel development and leadership.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.