Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
Provide medical and scientific expertise and leadership in several functions of bioMérieux Canada Inc. Strategically leverage and integrate deep scientific to transform the future healthcare system. Bring a wide medical and scientific experience to contribute to helping bioMerieux to make a difference for patients.
- Keep up-to-date with scientific and medical knowledge in designated specific medical areas in order to provide relevant expert advice to stakeholders within the company: e.g. attend congresses, workshops, meet with experts and clinicians and screen medical-scientific literature, collect, analyze and summarize information from a scientific and medical standpoint to be able to make recommendations (“Position Paper”), participate in the Post Market Surveillance.
- Identify the medical value of commercial & potential new product opportunities: Be involved in upfront projects when identifying new opportunities, in collaboration with Government affairs, Market access, Sales & Marketing teams. When necessary, organize focus groups with experts and manage advisory boards.
- Increase medical/scientific visibility of company via scientific publications, symposia & workshops, participation in professional societies & contacts with healthcare authorities/experts.
- Act as medical advisor in validation of the intended uses of our products, validation of medical content of our communications both internally and externally, creation and deployment of Medical Education (internal and external), assessment of “Patient Risk Analyses” and “Health Hazard Assessments” of products and potential or demonstrated issues.
- Manage external network of medical experts; be a preferred entry point in the company for specific medical areas.
- Provide medical input to clinical trials: identifying investigators and sites, writing and reviewing protocols, study monitoring and data analysis, presentations & publications of results.
- Initiate or participate in medical training and education (internal and external).
- Proactively ensure compliance controls are monitored continually and identified issues are addressed via the proper channels with Compliance/ Legal business partners
Typical Studies-Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- University Degree in a Science Based Program (PhD, MSc,MD, Pharm D, Biomedical, allied Health) and/or relevant experience in life sciences, specialties in infection diseases is preferred.
- Good knowledge of hospital/ medical environment , experience in the management and design of clinical trials, ability to lead transversal groups, both internally and externally.
- Understanding of fast paced, highly competitive market dynamics
- Experience in principles and techniques of critical data analysis, statistical analysis, interpretation, and assessment of clinical relevance for the purpose of understanding and communicating scientific concepts and study results.
- Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation. Creative problem-solving skills and decisiveness.
- Expertise in laws, regulations, and guidelines related scientific communications, as well as industry best practices related to Medical Affairs.
- Demonstrate high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts.
- Ability to use field-based electronic or other communication tools for all aspects of job.
- This position will require travel of upwards of 40%
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Presentation and training skills
- FLuent in both English and French
Scope and Resources Accountability, Typical Performance Indicators:
- Scope and Resources Accountability: team engagement & individual performance
- Financial Indicators (revenue, budget, etc.): Management of budget related to the activities under his/her responsibility
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Contacts with leaders and experts (visits, advisory board meetings…), number of publications, posters, size of expert KOL network;
- Key Contacts (internal/external) and Interfaces: Including but not limited to: R&D, marketing, clinical affairs, experts, KOL’s and clinicians