At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as an Engineering Technician I!
This engineering technician works within a project or dept. team – generally under the leadership of a more experienced individual (e.g. supervisor, engineers and/or project managers). This engineering technician uses experience and education to perform the types of technician activities which are generally considered within the realm of engineering technicians and any other expertise that might be held by this individual. This engineering technician is expected to work and communicate well with other team members and leadership as assigned in order to meet the goals of the project, the department, and the company. This position works with all engineering depts, but mostly with R&D and Test Engineering.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Uses Engineering concepts, company SOP’s / WID’s, department SOP’s / WID’s to assist in a variety of defined technical tasks.
- Works on problems of limited scope and complexity. Generally, works on a team with engineers and engineering co-ops.
- Communicates well with team members
- Works effectively in a cross-functional environment offering any assistance necessary to complete tasks and projects.
- Must be comfortable receiving feedback and making adjustments to projects in real time.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Travel: minimal travel may be required.
- Team: Supports and works with a variety of teams.
Training and Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 0-3 years’ experience in related field, including performance consistent with said experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Willingness and ability to identify problems and work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to respond in a flexible manner.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Willing to learn to create wire harnesses
- Willing to learn Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge / skills with the following is preferred
- Mechanical equipment and enclosure assembly
- Computer skills
- Materials (e.g. plastics, aluminum, copper, steel, etc.)
- Ability to use hand tools and small power tools
- Ability to learn how to use power supplies and oscilloscopes
- Willing to learn how to perform, reworks, repairs, and PCBA population
- Ability to follow instructions and directions from supervisors, managers, lead technicians, and engineers
- Works under the guidance of Engineering to set up and conduct experiments and testing
- Able to safely lift 50 lbs.