A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 44 countries and serves more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l’Étoile, near Lyon, in France.
Joining bioMérieux is choosing to be a part of an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanist corporate culture.
Our Company offers numerous opportunities for professional development. You want to help save lives across the globe? Join the 12,000 employees of bioMérieux!
We are looking for a Regional (ASPAC) Trade Compliance Manager (customs and export compliance) who will work and grow within the Ethics and Compliance department and will report to the Global Trade Compliance Officer within a team of 6 co-workers.
What will be your mission ?
- Manage high risk activities such as classification, country of origin, valuation and overall customs procedures and mechanisms (directly for Singapore, as a support for the subs in region, with local customs contacts)
- Manage screening escalations for partners in ASPAC region.
- Provide advice and problem-solving expertise on business projects/initiatives within ASPAC region for compliance implications to ensure operations are conducted in full compliance with regulations and policies.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and embed compliance controls/policies into organizational processes to ensure streamlined approach to identify and mitigate compliance risks.
- Identify, escalate, and manage mitigation of compliance risks within scope, and recommend improvements to processes.
- Represent the Department to leaders within scope of responsibilities, collaborate with compliance managers and compliance network in all subs of the region.
- Monitor the external environment, including regulations, and recommend improvements for compliance program.
- Provide regular training and coaching on ethics or trade compliance matters to leaders and employees.
- Advocate and develop a strong compliance culture within the business on a day-to-day basis.
- Investigate reports of compliance concerns, when requested by the Global Trade Compliance Officer.
Who are you?
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in trade compliance topics. Experience in Legal and/or Audit Risks Management will also be considered. Healthcare industry experience will be a plus.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field e.g. law, business management etc
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills with the ability to effectively influence key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong reputation for integrity, ethics, personal values and solid character. High emotional intelligence and engagement skills
- Deep understanding of how to analyze regulations and develop and implement policies to ensure compliance.
- Maturity and decisiveness, including the ability to frame issues to support quick decision-making, as well as an understanding of business to know how and when to escalate issues.
- Ability to balance many high risk, high pressure projects/issues at once and prioritize effectively based on risk.
- Collaborative team-oriented approach to work, supporting the successes of others. Proactive and motivated by results, with little need for oversight.
- Knowledge of regulations related to trade compliance topics within scope, including US/EU and local regulations.
Working at bioMérieux means being involved long term with a pioneering, visionary and constantly growing company that allows its employees to live a stimulating and inspiring experience in a fulfilling work environment.
Our internal mobility policy offers numerous opportunities for each of our 12,000 employees to blossom throughout their career, while respecting each employee’s individual talents as well as their personal and professional development.
At bioMérieux, over 200 professions - both scientific and non-scientific - offer our employees the opportunity to broaden their fields of expertise and develop cross-functional careers. We provide a rewarding experience in an international company that brings together talents from diverse backgrounds, thus fostering a daily aspiration to go beyond the limits.
Helping improve public health around the world : our mission gives purpose to every profession practiced within the Company.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Male/Female/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA