At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions. This position is responsible for leading and managing select Corporate Account Managers (CAMs), selling all products commercially available and securing profitable, mutually beneficial long term contracts with target IDNs and VISNS, across both Hospital and Non-Hospital segments of customer’s business. The Corporate Accounts Sales Director (CASD) will be responsible for all activities related to the CAM sales activities to assigned IDNs and VISNs in defined geographic region. The CASD will closely manage IDN/VISN contracting process and sales performance for all products relative to forecast and provide reports for each product line. Input into marketing programs, product forecasts, customer support programs and product development will also be required. The CASD will be responsible for and accountable for achieving or exceeding revenue goals for the assigned CAM territories. CASD will be responsible for working with individual CAMS to set performance expectations, assess career goals, establish personal developments plans and provide regular feedback on progress toward achievement of goals and plans.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Corporate Account Sales Director!
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive profitable sales growth thru active leadership of a high performing Corporate Accounts team
- Direct and coordinate the CAM activities in sales, proposal, negotiation and contracting process, as well as post-contract customer support activities, across Hospital and Non-Hospital segments of the IDN market place.
- Provide input into commission structure for CAMs and assist in implementation of customer tracking as related to commission payment.
- Manage and Motivate sales force through generation of creative incentive programs.
- Regularly set expectations, assess performance and provide feedback and guidance to develop and continually improve performance among individual CAM team members.
- Drive development of senior level relationships between BioFire and leadership at target IDNs including CEO/CFO/COO/CMO.
- Work closely with Marketing on product forecasts, pricing, generation of necessary sales tools and competitive analysis.
- Provide input on the generation of appropriate sales training materials for CAMS coordinate sales training as necessary.
- Provide leadership and possess the ability and experience to assist in all levels of sales process from lead generation to closing sales.
- Comply with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostic’s Quality System and HR policies.
- Data management utilizing the company CRM software including tracking and reporting all customer interactions within the CRM.
- Implement sales report or process for extracting information from CRM which highlights sales activities, won sales, lost sales with reasons, and feedback for marketing, sales admin, customer support, manufacturing and R&D.
- Monitoring and tracking all expenses related to field sales team.
- Assisting customer support with customer management.
- Assisting marketing with input to marketing programs.
- Provide accurate sales projections to marketing for instrument and reagent production.
- Attend outside conferences and tradeshows promoting products.
- Travel (at least 50%) to interface with sales reps and clients.
- Evaluate alternate sales channels domestically for all products.
Training and Education:This position requires the knowledge and skills normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field
Typically requires 10 years of successful sales/sales management experience.
Experience in successfully selling, negotiating and contracting with Corporate level executives (CEO/COO/CFO/CMO) in a complex selling environment including large IDNs, Hospital/Health Care groups, and VISNs.
The knowledge of Molecular and Micro Biology laboratory techniques such as PCR, is highly desired. Practical territory management and sales experience in clinical instrumentation and reagents is required. Ability to manage through others and be part of an effective team is a must. Proactive attitude, ambition and the confidence necessary to achieve aggressive goals is necessary for success in this position.
Must be familiar with Microsoft office; PowerPoint, Work and Excel, and contact management databases.
Should be comfortable and have experience, presenting technical information to audience with various levels of scientific experience.
Lab experience is preferred.Experience working in diagnostics or clinical applications is strongly desired.
Proven leadership ability
Proven coaching ability, including setting expectations and assessing performance of direct reports
Presentation skills are essential
Executive level relationship building skills
Sales negotiation skills
Communication skills required for selling and negotiating with customers and coaching direct reports
Decision makingManagement skills
Should be able to lift 55-65 lbs. comfortably.
Should be able to manage physical requirements necessary for frequent travel.This position requires successful completion of background checks, drug screens, and other such consumer reports as necessary for vendor credentialing purposes.