A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
This position works with the Sr. Director of Marketing to lead commercial marketing efforts for bioMérieux’s Laboratory Automation and Services portfolio. This includes leading a team of product marketing managers setting product objectives, mapping out appropriate strategies, and executing effective tactics.
This position is located in our Salt Lake City, UT Commercial Headquarters, remote positions will not be considered.
- Development and executional excellence of Strategic/Brand Plan
- Development of annual sales budget and interaction with respective stakeholders such as Finance
- Manage assigned commercial marketing team members
- Commercial marketing efforts for assigned portfolio
- Long-term product commercial strategy for Lab Automation & Services portfolio
- Integrated product launch plans and post-launch activities
- Manages annual marketing spend (OPEX)
- Guides product marketing managers through go to market process
- Establishes priorities for portfolio
- Brings Voice of Customer input (VOC) to global organization
- Oversees the development of product training objectives in conjunction with the training department
- Product promotion
- Targeted Messaging
- Marketing programs and campaigns
- Sales Tools, including product collateral
- Online/web/social media, etc.
- Distribution channel marketing support
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop and mentor team, perform annual performance reviews, identify training needs, and develop team career path
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Key Opinion Leaders in the different areas of specialty and organize Advisory Board meetings
- Works with Medical Affairs to define Post-Market clinical publication strategy
- Monitoring competitors and maintaining adequate competitive intelligence
- Managing 3rd party agencies and vendors
- Serve as a key liaison interfacing and collaborating with Sales, Regulatory, Global Marketing, R&D, Medical Affairs, Compliance, Finance, Customer Support, Quality Assurance, Program Management, and Company Sr. Management.
- Travels up to 25% of